Chapter the Twentieth Almost There

"Wow, Rayan," applauded Rayma as the two men stumbled into the royal stables. "You are an amazing runner, my lad!"

"First of all," Ra squirmed like a cute, obnoxious, little worm. "It's quite obvious that I, Sir Ra, am a much better runner than that insignificant, little... person!

"And second of all, you must stop saying my lad!"

"Right," Rayma paused, and her face brightened into a royal grin. "It's so much easier to stop talking like... that when you're around Ra Ra."

"Princess," his face screamed yellow with rage. "If you call me Ra Ra one more time-"

"You will simply be forced," interjected Rayan quite cleverly. "To discontinue her diet."

"Wha- what?" spluttered the sir.

"Alas," Rayma patted Ra's shoulder quite solemnly. "Horrible things like this must be done to ensure our marriage, Sir Ra."

"Rayma," shrieked the queen from where she was spying in the shadows. "A princess never pats somebody solemnly!

"Oh dear, I may have just given myself away."

However, since Ra was too stupid, Rayan was too concerned for his true love, and Rayma was too stupid, too concerned for her true love, and too love-struck, no one noticed that the queen (not creepily at all) had been spying on them.

"Well," Rayan broke the dreary mood. "Let's start what we came here to do!"

"Ooh," squealed Rayma. "Is this a guessing game?

"Are we guessing what we're about to do, my-er- Rayan?"

"No!" barked Ra.

"Okay," drawled the princess. "Aaaaaaaa... waffle-eating contest?"

"What's a waffle?" inquired Ra.

"Oh poor Sir Ra, he doesn't know what he's missing out on, does he Rayan?"

However, she gave no moment for him to answer, and went right along with guessing.

"Are weeeeeee... kissing frogs?"

"Noooooo!!" shrieked Ra.

"Are weeeeee-"

"This game is almost stupider that you, Rayma," growled Ra. "I refuse to let you play it."

"Attaboy, Ra Ra," cheered the queen. "Develop some drama there!"

And with that, she began to start cheerleading, screaming-

"Two, four, six, eight- who do we appreciate? Ra Ra and Rayma- though we really want Rayan and Rayma!"

It was quite a good thing that Sir Ra had forgotten what a hearing aid was (because it didn't exist), and therefore, neglected to put his on, or the queen would've been hung on the spot.

"Oh yeah," Rayma flirtily batted her three-foot long eye lashes at Sir Ra. "We're here to go hunting.

"Righty- O, mate!" she congratulated herself, not even realizing that she had talked like... that again.

Immediately, the princess began ordering the whole crowd (which consisted of many people; herself, Ra, and dear old Rayan) into action.

"Sir Ra," she pointed to a fat, squat pony munching grass, and rippling its grey and neon-pink dappled mane. "Saddle up yer horsey."

"First of all," he drew in a shallow breath to draw in suspense. "I know that you just picked out that horse for me because its fat, and so am I.

"You little-"

"No dearest," she gave a girlish giggle. "I picked him for you 'cause his beautiful mane matches your beautiful eyes."

Rayan sighed in distress as he looked upon his friend. She was so sweet and kind and- well, he wouldn't exactly say dainty- but Ra was so... grumpy!

"Well," Ra continued in his complaints. "I refuse to saddle my pony!"

"No problem," she whistled shrilly. "The yaids and yutlers will see to that."

"Yaids and yutlers?" Ra questioned as the servants came scurrying about.

"It's yodeling day." explained Rayma cheerily.

"Of course!" laughed Rayan.

"Rayan," the princess signaled to a gorgeous, blue palomino horse. "That's yer horse, my-uh- friend?"

He smiled at her.

"Thanks, he's beautiful." he grinned as he saddled it.

"She." corrected Rayma.

Ra smirked.

"By the way, Ra," said Rayma absentmindedly as she saddled up a bright orange creature. "Your's is a girl as well.

"Rayan will be my hunting buddy, by the way." she added.

"Lovely, just lovely!" shouted the men in two completely different tones.

The yaids and yutlers finished the preparations, and after handing the trio each a fierce weapon, then disappeared.

"I'll lead the way!" shouted Rayma valiantly.

And they were off- heading into the sunny, terrifying woods beyond.

"Wait for meeeeee!!!" shrieked the queen.

"What was that?" asked Rayan curiously.

"Probably just a rabid squirrel." answered Rayma.

"I'll be dead by nightfall." muttered Ra.