Chapter the Twenty-First: My what Red Eyes you have, Granny

They rode deeper into the unforgiving, merciless woods. Each step taking them deeper and deeper in; like they were waltzing into a strange beast's innards. The surrounding scenery grew more horrifying each minute. Sunlight dappled ferns and terrifyingly joyful trees grew more terrifyingly joyful. Murderously adorable, purple, fluffy squirrels and beautiful, blooming flowers grew more murderously adorable. The sunlight just made it worse- lightening the forest until it was a blissful scene of hope. TERRIFYING!

Rayma shivered. A bird sang. Someone screamed.

"Oh, c-c-c-co-come on, K-k-kn-kni-knight," stuttered Sir Ra from behind the two friends. "You don't have to be such a co-co-cow-coward with such a-a-a- g-g-g-g-gir-girl-girly sc-scream!"

"That wasn't me, it was you."

"Oh, a-a-a-an-d-d-d, n-now yo-yo-you-you're b-blaming m-me?" roared Ra meekly as he glanced in fear at the crystal pink sky.

"Okay."

"Finally, s-stupid Kn-knight," Ra attempted a scoff, but it turned to a terrified squeal when a vibrant, rainbow butterfly flitted by twenty feet away, "you a-a-ac-actually a-admitted th-that you're w-wrong."

"Okay."

"B-but," Ra found an evil opportunity, even in his terror, to impress Rayma, and he glared mischievously at Rayan's back in front of him, "you actually h-have t-to admit it. G-go o-on. S-say y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-you were w-wrong." Of course, it would've been far more impressive if he could've stopped stammering in fear.

"Okay."

Ra's face flashed yellow with rage.

"ADMIT THAT YOU WERE WRONG YOU-"

But he was interrupted as an Iceland Orange Parrot soared down from its perch on a low-hanging willow tree.

"Okay."

"Oh." He had been conversing with a parrot.

How very un-sir-like.

Rayma giggled up ahead.

"I didn't know you liked birds so much, darling." Her smile was evident in her voice, though neither Ra nor Rayan could glimpse her scaly face.

"PRINCESS RAYMA-" he began, but was once again cut off.

"Why do you have a parrot from Iceland here in Ratty Raool?" Rayan desperately attempted to change the subject.

"I don't know, Rayan," she exclaimed cheerily. "Just for fun, I guess!"

"P-pa-parrots," growled Ra deeply, "nasty little- AHHHH!!!!!"

For just then, a long, nasty, neon- yellow tongue swung out from the middle of nowhere, and slurped up the parrot in one big SLUUUUUUUURPPPPP! .

"Oh my Ratty Raoolian Rats," sighed Rayma blissfully. "That was a delicious snack!"

Sir Ra was horrified, momentarily forgetting his paralyzing fear.

"First of all, you nasty, little creature," he began, congratulating himself on how well he was composing his fierce fury, "how can you have such a disgusting tongue?"

Abruptly, the three horses halted. Rayma turned 'round in her saddle, fluffing up her bunch of curly curls.

"You really think it's disgusting," she purred happily. "Thanks my dearest, uh, er, Sir Ra!"

Rayan sighed. Oh, Rayma!

"Whatever," Ra narrowed his eyes in contempt. "Second of all, I cannot believe you swore in my presence!"