Three ➸ Injustice

(abuse in this chapter just warning- a character gets slapped twice that's all)

➸➸➸

"Vikram Barn, what in God's name are you doing?"

I sat up so fast my head was spinning. Lachlan jolted awake and curled into a ball, clearly full of fear. My mother slammed the door shut and it felt like the whole house shook with rage. I have never been so scared in my life. Mum's face was so red, she was seething. She walked over with a strange calmness that only added to my nerves. I moved so I was in front of Lachlan. No matter what, I would not let him get hurt again. I promised myself that.

"We do not," She paused. A sharp slapping sound was heard and pain blossomed from my left cheek. "Be civil with that monster," Another slap- this time on my other cheek. Tears slipped down my face. "Much less cuddle it," She said with such venom, I felt my whole body boil with rage and hatred towards her. I looked at Lachlan and started crying harder. He was so frozen in fear and shock. I grabbed his hand and dragged him up with me. I pushed past my Mum and walked quickly to the base of the stairs, the blonde boy right behind me. I stopped and turn to face her. She was standing there, a scowl on her face.

"There's only one monster here," I yelled at her. "And it sure as hell isn't Lachlan." I stormed up the staircase and threw the door shut once we were both inside my room. I sunk to the floor and started crying again. My own mum slapped me. I felt so hurt and betrayed, but also rage. Lachlan didn't do anything wrong. He was just born into this place like me and her. Yet he was getting punished for being here.

"It's not fair," I wailed, pushing my hands to my face as I continued to sob. Lachlan crouched next to me and I felt his hand rub my back with unsure strokes. I leaned into his touch.

"Hey Vikk, please don't cry," He said softly, his touches a bit more confident. He sat cross-legged. "It'll be okay, I promise. It'll be okay," His voice was gentle. Eventually I calmed down. My breathed was a bit uneven and somehow I ended up curled onto his lap, my arms clinging to him. He rocked me back and forth until I was okay- or at least as close to okay as I would get. We stayed like that for awhile. Until all traces of the sun were gone and the moon was the only pale light shining in through the window on the west wall of his room.

I heard the front door open and then close. I detangled myself from Lachlan despite his protests and my body was already craving his embrace once more. I crawled to the window and peaked out. Mum was getting into her car. I watched as she backed out of the driveway and down the street. I let a sigh of release. Lachlan and I had the house to ourselves once more. I moved across the room to my bed and beckoned the blonde boy over. He sat down on the mattress beside me and I had to refrain from moving closer and snuggling into him. I sighed and put my hands to my cheeks. They felt warm to the touch and they still stung. I felt very sad knowing my own mother hit me.

"Lachlan?" My voice echoed through the quiet and dark room. I could see his facial features, blue eyes reflecting the moonlight. He looked beautiful.

"Yes?"

"Are you okay?"

It was quiet for a few moments, he didn't respond. We sat there, just the two of us.

"No," He said after awhile. My heart clenched and I wanted so much to see the taller boy smile.

I felt a sudden exhaustion fall over me and I stood up. I slipped off my shirt and pants. Lachlan had his hands in front of his eyes once he realized what I was doing and I smiled to myself. How anyone could think he's a monster is beyond me. Grabbing the closest pair of clean boxers lying around, I changed into those. I didn't bother with a shirt or pants as I made my way back to the back. I didn't have to look twice to know a faint blush coated Lachlan's cheeks. He was flustered. He got up though and removed everything but his boxers and slipped under the covers. I followed suit and before long, I fell into a dream-filled slumber while cuddling the beautiful 'monster' from under my bed.

➸➸➸
lol shorter chapter bc i am lazy and i like where i ended it
what do you guys think about their relationship? moving too fast???

thanks for reading
happy october!