Twelve ➸ He Cries

*warning, quite a heavy chapter with quite a bit of violence. read at your own discretion

I knew what she meant now. What she meant when she said trying to break the glass would hurt me in more ways than one.

"Lachlan!" I screamed for the hundredth time as I watched the officers beat him on the other side of the glass. My fists banged on the glass in attempt to shatter it and run to my lover.

"Lachlan," I whimpered, weakly hitting the window.

It wasn't going to break. They weren't going to stop for awhile.

I sat on the floor, knees pulled tightly to my chest with my arms wrapped around them. I cried silently until my eyes fell shut and sleep came over me.

When I woke up, they were gone. I quickly sat up, ignoring my sore body and crawled over to the glass. I saw Lachlan, laying unconscious on the floor. His usually pale face was darkened with purple and blue bruises. His usually blonde hair was streaked with red. His usually bright eyes were swollen shut. My heart broke at the sight and the tears started falling once more.

"Oh God," I whispered, falling backwards. "Lachlan," I cried.

We've only been here for what has felt like six days. They fed us. They gave us water. But we just sit here all day. I think they're trying to decide what to do with us. My birthday was approaching quickly, but I tried to avoid thinking about it. It was less than a month away. I was scared, but I knew that no one could ever make me kill him.

I love him.

He won't die at my hands, I promised myself in my head.

Sitting here, though, I was driving myself insane. I had too much time to think. At first, I thought being able to see Lachlan would give me strength, but I was wrong. Being so close– being able to see him made it so much worse. He was right there, yet he was also a million miles away. We tried to communicate the first few days, but then Lachlan began to get punished.

They took away my only source of happiness.

Since then, we've stopped. It broke me to see him be hurt every time I tried to say 'good morning' or 'I love you'.

It was hard. Everyday was hard. And it just dragged on.

Until one day. Today was different. It started off the same. I woke up from a fitful sleep after crying until I fell into darkness. I waited, staring at the boy on the other side of the glass until breakfast came like usual. Today, though, it came with a different person. Ash brought it. (Usually it was this other lady who never said a word or made eye contact with anything but the floor.)

She waited until I finished eating. I stared at her as I ate, scared she would come closer and hurt me. Sometimes that happened. People would come in, hit me a few times then ask me a question before leaving. I never answered. I would only mumble his name. The room was silent, but I could see that Lachlan was in the same situation.  I finished the bland bowl of rice and a few mixed vegetables. Then, something even more unusual happened. Ash took my hands and I flinched. She cuffed them behind my back as I trembled. I bit my lip and tried to think about what she was doing– was I going to finally get to leave this room? I haven't been outside since the night we were brought in.

I was right.

She helped me up and led me out the door. I was guided to another room in a different hallway and to my surprise, Lachlan was in it. I closed my eyes and stopped walking. He wasn't actually there. I'm imagining things. Except when I opened my eyes I was met with a dull blue pair that belonged to my boyfriend. He was there. For real.

Ash unlocked my cuffs and I instinctively brought my hands to my chest to rub where the metal sat on my wrists. She whispered, "I'm sorry," before walking to the door and out of the room.

She's sorry? I shook my head and walked over to the blonde boy standing in front of me for the first time in two weeks.

➸➸➸
ahhhhh sorta a lame chapter, but i want you guys to know how vikk is doing in there!

thanks for reading, love u all

ps, the story might be coming to a close soon

and i have two endings so: pls choose an option

comment a) for one or b) for the other
(one's a lil sAd)