Seven ➸ Graduation

"Vikk," Lachlan said, breaking the silence on the way back to my house from the restaurant.

"Yeah, babe?"

"Mother of God, I just got like 6000 butterflies when you said that," I looked at his face as he said that and noticed the flush of red going from his ears to his neck. My whole body felt warm and happy.

"But Vikk," He turned to me and we stopped walking. He took both of my hands in his and breathed out heavily. "Vikk, you're in love with me," He smiled, tears forming in his blue eyes. I stood on my tip toes and tried to kiss him, but he had to lean down still. We shared a loving kiss.

"You're right Lachy, I am so in love with you," I mumbled against his lips. His mouth curved into a smile and some tears fell down his cheeks.

"I've never been loved before," He whispered, pulling me into a tight hug. I hugged him back, my head falling against his chest and my arms wrapped around his torso. I felt so safe.

We pulled away and continued walking home. Occasionally, we bantered about- nudging each other or slapping each other's butts. It was a fun walk to say the least. Everything with him was fun.

When we got home, I took out my keys and unlocked the door. We walked in and mostly just chilled and played Pokemon on the Game Boy I got when I was a kid. Despite this being Lachlan's first time playing, he totally demolished me. He zipped through three gyms and I could hardly win a battle against an Eevee. Still, I had a great time watching his expressions as he played through the game. After he got bored of playing, we mostly just made out on my bed. It didn't lead to anything. Just kissing him made my heart flutter. I liked it very much. When my parents came home, they did something unexpected. They walked into my room.

Thankfully, we weren't kissing the very second they walked in, but even someone with a rock for a brain could see what we had been doing.

"Oh, I knew it," My mum cried, exasperated, to my father. She started crying.

"I hate it, Lord, I hate it," She kept chanting under her breath. My father sent me disappointed and disgusted looks. Lachlan and I turned slightly and sent each other sneaky glances. We gave each other sly smiles. I took his hand in mine and we stood up. I pulled him along and out the door. When we passed my parents, my mum stopped me.

"Vikram," Her tone was icy. Lachlan squeezed my hand tighter.

"Mum," I countered with as much courage and confidence I could muster. Deep down, I was wetting myself. Yet I stood my ground.

"Vikram, just- just kill it already!" She shouted. It was almost as if something inside of me snapped. It was in that moment I lost all respect for her.

"Kill him?" I hissed. "Kill this precious being that's been there for me much more than you? Kill him- the one who stole my heart? Kill the boy who means so much to me?" I laughed dryly. "Bitch, please. I would never even consider harming the ones I care about, unlike you."

I pushed through them and walked out the door and out of the house with Lachlan on my tail. I felt like a big feeling of déjà vu.

"So what now, Lachlan Dachlan?" I asked, swinging our linked hands in the air as we walked through the front yard and onto the street.

"Well, Icky Vikky," He giggled. My heart soared. "How soon can we run away?"

I laughed and let go of his hands. I spun in a circle, suddenly feeling very free. I felt like I could do anything- I could fly, I could dance, I could be whatever I wanted. I could do whatever I wanted.

"Tomorrow. After I graduate, baby. It'll be you and me. We can change the world," I whispered as I took his hands in mine and leaned close to him.

We soon arrived at the small river that ran through the city. The sun was almost setting and the temperature was beautiful. I sat on a fallen tree trunk on the bank of the river and took off my socks and shoes.

"C'mon, Lachlan," I beckoned him over. He followed my lead and we dipped our feet in the warm water.

"Vikk?"

"Yeah?"

"You're kind of a little awesome."

I laughed.

"Okay." I smiled to myself, looking at the blonde boy next to me. "You too," I said after awhile.

➸➸➸
hello yoo yo wassuppp

pls still enter names for my poofless fic to get the whole story dedicated to you!! you can enter or whatevs as many times as you wanna thanks aw

you guys are the bomb
yeah here's a chapter at 1AM oops