Nine ➸ Find Me

Sirens.

Blaring sirens.

Flashing lights.

Blue and red.

Fear.

"Sir, you have the right to remain silent."

I froze, giving up the run. I watched as my blonde haired companion was cuffed and led into the police car. Stray tears slipped down my cheeks.

It was over.

FOUR HOURS EARLIER

"Lachlan, how long have we been walking for?" I groaned. My feet were aching already and my body felt tired.

"Oh my gosh, Vikk. It's literally been 20 minutes. Do you need me to carry you?" He asked sarcastically. I grinned and nodded, spreading my arms for him to pick me up.

"I'm in love with a child," He mumbled, walking closer to me. I laughed a little and let myself be pick up by him, my arms wrapping around his neck and my legs around his waist. His hands supported me at my bottom, but it didn't matter. It felt nice to be so close to Lachlan and not have to be on my feet anymore.

"What turn do I make?" The blonde asked.

"Left," I mumbled into his chest. We were heading to the bus depot to take a bus to the town over where we'd get on the train to the city of which was our destination. I underestimated how long this walk is. But eventually we made it. It was almost 7:00PM and Lachlan told me he was exhausted. Of course, he didn't carry me the whole way, but we had been walking for nearly an hour.

When we stepped in the building to get our tickets, Lachlan immediately moved closer to me and grasped my hand tightly. There were quite a few people in here.

"Lachlan, it'll be okay. Let's just get in and get out, yeah?"

"Right," He breathed.

And so we went to the front desk and waited in a line of about seven people.

"Lachy, why don't we play 'I Spy' while we wait, to pass the time," I suggested. His eyes lit up.

"Is that the game we used to play when you came home from your early years of school?" He asked excitedly. I nodded with a grin.

"You go first, babe," I smiled. He took a quick glance around the building before choosing an object.

"I spy with my little eye..." He started with a mischievous grin on his face, "Something that is green."

"Uh," I looked around, searching for green. "The floor tiles?"

His mouth dropped open.

"How did you know!" He exclaimed and I laughed.

We continued playing until we were next in line. The lady beckoned us over, smiling brightly.

"Hello, gentlemen, what can I do for you tonight?"

"Uhm," I paused, drawing a blank. I started to panic as she waited for me to say something.

"Two bus tickets to take us to Manchester as soon as possible," Lachlan answered, saving my embarrassing freeze. I squeezed his hand tightly as a small 'thank you'. She smiled again with enthusiasm.

"I can do that for you, I just need your names."

"Lachlan and Vikram Barn," I answered quickly. She nodded and typed something out into the computer sitting on her desk. A few moments later, she printed out the tickets.

"10.50£ please," She told us. I dug out my wallet and pulled out the money, handing it to her in exchange for the printed paper. We nodded a goodbye and walked outside to wait for the bus.

"Thank you for saving me there  Lachy," I stood on my tiptoes and pecked his cheek.

We stood huddled together outside until the bus pulled up, softly discussing plans for the future. When it did come, we pulled apart and stepped on, greeting the lady driving.

The drive had begun. Our journey to freedom was finally starting.

➸➸➸
hmhm sorta a boring chapter but the next one is action filled i promise

also sorry for the extremely late update oopsies

thanks so much for reading ily all