Ten ➸ He Runs

Sirens.

Blaring sirens.

Flashing lights.

Blue and red.

Fear.

"Sir, you have the right to remain silent."

I froze, giving up the run. I watched as my blonde haired companion was cuffed and led into the police car. Stray tears slipped down my cheeks.

It was over.

THREE HOURS EARLIER

We were still riding on the bus, our destination was supposedly four minutes away. I held tightly onto Lachlan's hand the whole ride, my head rested on his shoulder. I was really tired and excited to get off this bus. I was getting restless and we were both eager to get off and stretch.

"Stop for Manchester, any passengers leaving may now get up and off, thank you. Have a nice day," The bus driver's voice was heard over the intercom. I smiled to Lachlan and we stood up from our seats. Bags in hand, we walked off the bus after quietly thanking the lady who drives it.

"Well, what's the plan now?" The adorable blonde boy asked. I reached up to stretch my arms and heard a few pops and God did it feel good to do that. I sighed happily.

"I'm too tired to travel anymore. Let's stay in a hotel or something."

"Okay, that sounds good," He replied, leaning down and pressing a kiss to my forehead. I felt butterflies rush through me and where his lips make contact, it felt searing hot. This boy was doing mad things to me.

And so we asked the around for the nearest hotel that wasn't too dingy and eventually we found ourselves in front of The Altrincham Hotel which was, from what we heard, a decent hotel to spend a night in. Lachlan and I were still holding hands. We walked in and were greeted with a bright and spacious lobby. We got in the small line and the front desk and soon enough we were talking to one of the two people there.

"One room for the night please," I smiled tiredly at the man.

"Okay, full name and address please."

"Vikram Barn, 274 Briton Drive," I told him.

"Vikram Barn, huh? That name sounds familiar," He smiled, clicking the keys on his computer. He asked for a few more details to which I told him and not five minutes later, we were unlocking our room door with the small plastic key.

"Vikky, I am so tired. Can we please cuddle a lot now? I have been waiting all day," He mumbled sleepily as he removed his shoes and lay down on the bed. I smiled fondly at the almost sleeping boy.

"Of course, baby," I walked over after taking my own shoes off. "Take off your jeans though, they're not good to sleep in."

"You're right," and so he wiggled off his black, rather skinny, jeans. I took them from his hands and placed them on a small table im the room before taking off my own pants. I crawled into bed and pulled the covers over us. My eyes started drooping and the exhaustion from today was finally settling in. I felt Lachlan place his arms around my torso and pull me towards him. I sighed gently before falling into a deep slumber that I really needed.

It was my fault. I should've realized that disclosing all of my information was dumb. I could've lied. Told him a different last name.

But how could I have known he knew my parents? That he would call in to check in with them? That he would tell them exactly where we were? That my parents would call the police?

The answer is, I couldn't have known. I should've though. I couldn't save us. I will live forever with that regret.

So roughly three hours into our sleep, warm and cuddly, the door bursted open and officers pooled in. My eyes shot open and I shook Lachlan awake. He sat up quickly.

"W-What do you want?" I asked with a shaky voice, tears threatening to fall already. Were they here to take him away from me?

"Vikram and Lachlan Barn, correct?"

My fears came crashing down like the waves of an ocean storm. This wasn't a mistake. They were here for us.

Lachlan and I shared a glance and it was like telepathically, we knew what the plan of action was. Slowly, we moved to a better position to get up and bolt out the door. The officers were asking us questions, but my focus was on getting out of the room.

I saw one officer near the door turn to another and they started conversing. I knew this was our chance.

Why the hell would the police want us? We didn't even do anything illegal.

I tapped Lachlan's arm and both got up so fast my head felt dizzy. We sprinted as fast as reality would allow us and the first obstacle was cleared; we made it through the doorway. The police officers shouted after us and I could hear their heavy steps running after us. We didn't stop. We kept running. Out the doors of the lobby and into the streets.

My feet started to hurt as soon as we hit pavement. Running at such speeds and intensity without shoes make rocks dig into my soles.

But when I looked around and calmed down enough to pay attention to my senses, I saw that this chase would be pointless.

➸➸➸
hello sorry for the late update and lack of replies n' stuff!
i have a few reasons, but you prolly don't wanna hear about those

thank you SO much for 50 followers, over 4k reads on another story of mine, and over 1k reads on this one. I appreciate you all so much!

on december 4th I will be updating this story and my oneshots 5 times (between the two of them) with 5000 words to celebrate 50 followers

hope you all have a great day
💕