Eleven ➸ Taken

Sirens.

Blaring sirens.

Flashing lights.

Blue and red.

Fear.

"Sir, you have the right to remain silent."

I froze, giving up the run. I watched as my blonde haired companion was cuffed and led into the police car. Stray tears slipped down my cheeks.

It was over.

A police officer took my hands and cuffed them behind my back. I didn't put up a fight. I knew it would be pointless. Lachlan screamed for me. My heart was aching and I couldn't support myself. My knees gave out as I cried and called out miserably for my blonde boyfriend.

"Please," I whispered sadly. "Please, we didn't do anything, please, please."

It was a constant mumble.

A police officer kicked me with his boot and I fell onto my side. The pain was numbed. He ordered the other officers to load me into a different car. The one holding Lachlan already drove off.

They picked me up without a struggle and brought me into a car. I was slid into the back seat and buckled up. The same officer who kicked me came over.

"You're trash, you hear that? Almost as bad as your monster friend," He spat on me and walked away. I wept quietly. How could they do this to someone?

I closed my eyes and thought of Lachlan. Was he being treated alright? Was he in any more pain than I? My head was spinning with questions and worries. I felt so tired and scared. It was like I was the mouse and the police officers were cats. I was the prisoner and they're the guards. I would never win.

That was just the verity of the situation.

A few bumps in the road and some moments later, we were pulling into a parking lot of a huge building. I couldn't make out the letters written on the front though. It was too dark outside to see a thing. I hoped Lachlan was also here. The two officers in my car left, leaving me behind. I watched them as they walked towards another group of people.

They were talking, but I couldn't hear a word. Eventually, the two officers came back and opened the door to take me out.

"Come with us, we're taking you inside," The lady said quietly, putting her hands on my arms and helping me out of the vehicle.

"God Ash, stop being so gentle with him," The other officers shoved her aside and roughly took my hards and pulling me out until I was falling to the ground, my face hitting the cement with a thump. I gasped. I felt pain there, but I tried to ignore it. I knew I was bleeding. My face had literally just hit and slid across pavement. I decided I liked 'Ash' better than the other guy.

"You like that, you son of a bitch?" The officer kicked my side. I bit my lip to avoid crying out. Is this how police officers treat everyone?

"Shit, Vern, bring it down a knotch!" Ash exclaimed. I sighed, very happy Ash was there.

"Whatever, we have to go," He replied, picking me up and shoving me forward to walk. I stumbled, but regained my balance.

"Let's go, bud," The lady took my arm and led me into a set of doors on the side of the building.

It was cold inside. There were bright, white lights illuminating the hallways. The floor had a plain pattern, white. The walls were a shade of grey. I didn't like it here. Everything felt so– so uncomfortable and not cozy at all. The hallways we went down felt like a maze. We made so many turns and went through so many doors, I would never be able to find my way out of this.

I just wanted Lachlan.

More questions about the blonde swirled through my head. I felt dizzy with worry. But I didn't dare ask about him. For that, I felt so guilty. Except I was scared– terrified of being hurt by the officers if I asked something, if I even said a word.

We stopped at a doorway with a steel, grey door. 'Vern' took out a key and unlocked the door before pushing it open. Inside sat a bed and a chair. There was a metal toilet in one corner and a panel of glass on one of the walls. I looked through the glass and saw something that made my heart swell.

On the other side of the glass was a room identical to this, except on the bed sat my precious blonde boyfriend.

"You'll be staying here for the night. Don't try and break the glass, you'll only hurt yourself. In more ways than one," Ash mumbled the last part. I couldn't wrap my head around what she meant. I felt my hands being un-cuffed and I waited patiently until the two officers left. As soon as I heard the door click shut, I ran to the glass. Lachlan did too. He had tears streaming down his face. I pointed at them and he wiped them away before he pointed at my face. I felt it. Tears were dripping down my cheeks, too. I wiped them away and saw my hands come away with a bit of red.

I forgot about the cement injury. Remembering made my face sting in pain. I ignored it and focused on him. My love. My angel. My beautiful boyfriend.

I got close to the glass and blew out air to fog up the glass.

After, I drew a small heart.

I saw Lachlan smile.

My heart ached.

➸➸➸
hello! hope you guys enjoyed
feedback would be really awesome bc im so weary about these chapters ahh
thanks for reading!
love u all!
(ps stay tuned for more frequent updates bc i finally finished smth that was literally taking all my time)