The break

Gold and I watched, to our amusement, as a beaten up Plushtrap began to reboot and restart. We had managed to get most of his parts back in order, minus a missing eye. He looked around the room, simply staring as his gaze landed on us.

"Hello, Plushtrap." Gold growled.

"Gold." He returned, his eyes flicking to me. "Minni."

"Dickhead." I stated. "So. You're not going anywhere until we get what we want."

"I'm assuming that would be the animatronics fixed?"

"No," I shook my head. "Right now, we need the music box."

"You mean the puppets?" He chuckled darkly. "Vincent has it. And he'll be back tonight. You better run while you have the chance."

Gold and I exchanged looks of worry. But I realized he had been shut off for a long time. I got on my knees, so I was almost eye level with him.

"Plushtrap, he isn't coming back. It's been a month since you saw me last. Vincent got fired."

"No...that..." He shook his head, suddenly sounding frightened. "He...left me, didn't he?"

"He dumped your broken body in the same box you put Marion in." Gold said, both of our heads suddenly whipping towards the door. Marion walked in, seemingly in a huff. When she saw Plushtrap her head tilted.

"I swear to god I will throw this thing again." She shook a screwdriver around in the air. "Say one word of sass to me and you're getting beat bunny, d'you hear me?"

He nodded his head furiously, his entire form suddenly shaking. "I thought..."

"What? That you killed me?" She made a little snort. "It takes a lot more than a weak blow like that to knock me down and out. Now, where's my music box?"

"I don't know, Vincent had it when I shut down. If he really did get fired like Minni said, I don't know if he has it still."

"Oh, it's here, I know that much."

"How do you know?" I asked.

"Mangle. She's tied up backstage. I already tossed everything around in there, it's not anywhere in that room."

"What did you do with the wires?"

"I replaced some of Foxy's busted wiring. He's there, alright. Just not in control. Far from."

"That's good, at least." I sighed. There was a noise out in the parking lot, the sound of truck tires pulling in. "I think Mike's here."

"Mind if I come say hi?" Gold asked, to which I smiled and nodded. I grabbed my bag, holding it open for Marion as she threw the bag and tools in first before stepping in herself. I zipped her up, remembering that Plushtrap was in here with us. I spun around and grabbed his ears, lifting him off of the floor and placing him back in the box before slamming the lid. He smashed around slightly as I put an endoskeleton piece where the lock would be, effectively trapping him again.

"We'll be back later. Sit tight, bunny."

We walked into the party room, where Mike was waiting for us. He seemed surprised, but quickly pulled Gold into a hug before trapping me in one as well.

"I heard about you taking your shift back. Just in time too, I couldn't handle listening to them at the windows anymore."

"You took my shift?"

"Three nights of it." Gold smiled. "He wouldn't have gotten through the first night without my help."

"I'm glad you were there, the screen flashing really helped." He sighed. "How are you guys?"