The god damn music box

I held open the emergency exit door as Mike pulled in. He saw me immediately, jogging over, carrying a bag of tools and wires.

"Just in time Mike." I sighed, closing the door behind me.

"Freddy?" He asked, spotting the bear instantly.

"It's me Mike." He laughed. "God it's good to see you."

"You too." He grinned. "So what's the plan?"

"We know where the music box is." I said. "But we absolutely have to fix the animatronics first before we do anything."

The bell rang, and after a few seconds, the lights flickered on above our heads. It slipped my mind that there was a small rabbit in the room, something Freddy saw immediately. Uh oh.

"Plushtrap...?" He growled. "You god damn good for nothing golden rabbit!"

"Funny, that's the same thing Bonnie said when he smashed his head on the table." Plushtrap said cooly. "Take it easy. I'm helping you guys for the time being. Vincent left me to rot, so I've got a bone to pick with him."

"Guys, fight later, we have a job to do!" I said, kicking open the now unblocked door. Everyone took off in different directions, finding an animatronic to fix. I sprinted to the office, running into the open doors and sliding on my knees.

I pulled on the desk drawer, finding to my irritation that it was locked. I slid my backpack off of my shoulders, pulling Marion's screwdriver out of the bag. I shoved it in between the shitty metal desk and the drawer and pulled, listening to the pop and slide as it opened. There was her music box, no worse for wear. I put it in my bag before zipping it closed and bolting back out to the party room.

"Progress!" I shouted.

"Chica's got a broken mainframe and damage to her circuits." Mike said. "It's going to be a while before she's running like normal."

"Bonnie's got nothing but fried wires." Freddy said, yanking a set out of his friends head. "It's an easy fix though."

"Marion!"

"Foxy's almost done!" She shouted back. "He's pretty busted up, but I've almost got it!"

"Alright." I said to myself, joining Mike. He needed the most help. "What do you need done?"

"Hand me the circuit board that's in the bag." He said. "And three blue wires, one white."

I grabbed everything, handing it to him in order. I heard a whirring noise from inside her chest, just as he clicked in the last wire. Her eyes began to flow faintly.

*Minni...* she whispered. I grabbed her hand.

"I'm here Chica. We're almost done."

"We are done." Mike said, wiping the sweat off of his forehead. "We've got a half hour before this place opens.

"Okay, you go help Marion, I've got Freddy."

I grabbed the parts, jumping over to where Freddy was ripping burned wires out of Bonnie's head. "Give me four white and five black, one red."

"Here." I handed the bunch to him, watching as he methodically went about screwing them back in. He swore under his breath as a small spark popped out, but Bonnie's eyes began to light up as well.

*Help...*

"We're here Bonnie." I said happily, looking at the clock. Twenty minutes.

"Minni!"

I sprinted across the room, jumping over tables again. Marion was calling me, so the second I leapt up on stage I crouched beside her and Gold. "What do you need?"

"Three bolts and a red wire. Someone literally knocked his skull open!" She growled as I fished around for the bolts, giving them to her along with her screwdriver. As soon as the red wire was connected, my foxes eyes lit up faintly, a whisper escaping him as well.

*lass...*

"It's me." I wrapped my arms around him from behind. "It's me Foxy. I'm here."

"Minni, we have to leave." Marion said suddenly. "It's ten minutes to opening. We can't do anything for them right now."

"Mike, I'm taking the toys home, can I borrow your truck?" I asked, or demanded more like. He tossed me the keys.

"Get your ass home and get our little Marion back."

I picked up Marion in my arms, racing out the front door with Gold and the toys. They seemed to know the drill, and climbed into the bed of his truck, while Gold and I took our places up front. Marion climbed on my shoulder, pretty much falling into my backpack. She made cooing noises as she grabbed her music box, cradling it like a baby.

I was able to speed through town, the dead silence of it not even bothering me. The second we pulled into my driveway, Maylene was running out the door to meet us. I jumped out of the car to be caught in her arms.

"May, we have the music box, let's get inside." I said, grabbing her hand. There was a door to the garage from the outside, so I ran inside, taking off my backpack and placing it on my work table. Marion jumped out immediately, the music box in her hands.

"The toys. We have to wait for them." She said, just as Gold led the animatronics inside. She jumped onto my chair, sitting down and kicking her legs swiftly as she wound the pin on the bottom.

I held my breath as she opened the lid. The tinkling music began to filter out around us, the little ballerina doing her dance inside. The music was like an angels choir now, no longer annoying. I'd listen to it for hours on end.

My eyes were on the toys as the music played. Marion was right about it, because they all began to twitch and sway as the song progressed. And eventually, their human forms became apparent. And they weren't like the 'withered'. They were all children.

Toy Freddy looked to be about eight, wearing black shorts and a white button up shirt, with a little black bow. He looked just like Freddy, with curly brown hair and bright blue eyes. Toy Bonnie was wearing grey khakis, a blue tank top resting on his chest and a necklace made of red beads. His hair was spiky and black, and he had shimmering emerald eyes. And Toy Chica, the little girl, she had on a pink dress, with a little apron that said 'lets party!' just like her bib, and she had orange rain boots on her feet. Her hair was a short bob, chin length, framing beautiful diamond blue eyes.

As the song came to a close, I turned, my eyes landing on Marion. She lifted her mask to rest stop her now white hair, which was reaching just past her shoulders, her bow holding back loose strands on the back of her head. Her dress was still black, but it was now strapless and fluffed out like a cupcake at her hips, a red sash was tied around her waist, a large bow in the back. Striped sleeves reached from her biceps and over her hands, and she still had her tights and shoes. A black ribbon choker was around her neck, the white button sitting as a pendant. Marion's face was still the same, except her eyes were purple now, the constant blush still painting her cheeks.

I didn't say a word as she placed the music box on the table, standing up and looking right at me. With a squeal I snatched her up, holding her against me as I spun around, crying again. This time, I was happy.

"I love you Marion, you little heart attack in a dress." I smiled.

"I love you too Minni." She giggled, her arms around me.

"Well, looks like we've got a whole family to feed now." May laughed. "Come on inside guys, I'll make some breakfast before I leave."