Tears of goodbye

Early morning dawn breaks across the sky, painting it with soft pink hues..heralding the waking of the land as its newly forming fingers parted to reveal a forlorn scene before it. A group of wearied dwarves gathered together at the entrance to the mountain...debris still littered upon the ground from the battle that had taken place less than a week ago. Standing right outside of this portal was two others...a tall human dressed all in grey, holding a long walking staff in hand as he gazed upon his companion, a hobbit who was dressed up in decent traveling clothes for the journey that lay before him.

Bilbo was peering with fondness at those standing there to see him off today. He saw leaning against a beautiful red haired woman, Kechi, was the soon to be crowned King Thorin...his wounded chest well hidden by the grey fur trimmed dark blue overcoat...the only way anyone would know he was in pain was by the lines of pain around his mouth. The hobbit felt a warmth of friendship blooming in his heart at the sight of him there...after everything they had been through together...the ups and lows of this journey side by side and still they were friends. Bilbo's eyes roamed over the others that were crowded at the entrance...his gaze settling upon the two princes there...one standing while the other sat in a chair fitted with wheels to carry him because of his grievous wounds that still afflicted him. The one standing was Kili who's hand laid upon his brothers shoulder...his other hand was resting around the waist of his dark haired love, Alysi. To his left sat the blond Prince Fili with his lush golden hair framing his sorrowful blue eyes and a soft melancholy smile, in his hastily crafted wheelchair made for him. A few days ago after he had awoken from his wound induced slumber, he found out that his body had forgotten how to walk...so now here he sat..temporarily, if he had any say in it...confined to this chair until something better could be crafted to aid in his mobility. Fili wasn't depressed or upset at any of this, because he believed whole heartedly that he will walk again... with his love Ahmi by his side giving her full support and his own dwarven stubborness , he will walk again...especially since he had a reason to...for his child, whom rested lovingly within Ahmi. To Fili's left stood his love, Ahmi, with hair looking like freshly spun corn silk and amethyst  focused solely upon Fili's face.

 Bilbo's eyes flowed down the line, seeing the others of the company that he had shared bread and wine with..through the joyous times and times of great hardship..all of them baring sad looks upon their faces as they watched him leaving them..all of them having to acknowledge that the company of Oakenshield had finally reached its end. There was Bofur with his goofy hat and smile that seemed to always be present no matter what, bringing laughter during troublesome moments... Bombur who's love for food could challenge any hobbits love...Bifur, sweet flower eating man who  seemed as if one moment he would start blushing  and the next he was itching for a fight . There was Gloin always ready with some loving story about his son...Oin who Bilbo had a sneaking suspicion wasn't as hard as hearing as he let on. There was Dwalin who's display of immense loyalty was beyond compare...Ori who's love of tea equaled that of Bilbos own love..sweet Ori who's shyness seemed to be so endearing to all...Nori who's quick fingers tended stray where they shouldn't , always trying to hide his noble heart from others. And last of them all was Balin..who shared such a great love for history that each time he spoke he would leave Bilbo enthralled for more. Bilbo sighed heavily as he watched this good dwarf making his way over to Bilbo..hands resting against his stomach..long white beard groomed elegantly and trailing down his chest..his smile was filled with sorrow as he approached the hobbit.

"Bilbo lad..you sure you want to go? There is to be a great feast tonight. Songs will be sung , tales will be told of our adventures. "he saw Bilbo nod his head and Balin gave a heaving sigh and a small smile. " Well...I guess this is it then. Thorin Oakenshield and Company draws to an end." suddenly Thorin stepped forward and grasped Bilbo's arm in companionship.