Broken promises (pg)

3 months pass - thorins halls homestead

______________________________________________________

Bofur was walking home from a meeting that was held at Thorins home with a heavy heart as evening was falling. Two months ago Tia and him moved to Thorins hall homestead to settle and be closer to family..especially since the rest of her family moved here too. They had both set up shop next door to each other with the upper floors connecting into one large single living space for them to build their family in. Kahrn and Dahl along with his daughters also moved here too...Kahrn and Dahl both worked as blacksmiths while Kechi had her seamstress shop, Ahmi had her healing/herb shop, and Alysi helped them both in between schooling dwarflings .

As Bofur reached for the handle to enter his home he let out a deep sigh...how am i going teh tell her that i must leave for a bit? Will she understand why i must go?...taking a deep breath he entered .

"Welcome home azyung (lover) " Tia came around the corner from the kitchen with a loving smile to greet her beloved husband as he entered their home and placed her hands upon his shoulders to kiss him. Bofurs arms circled her waist to pull her tighter to him as his lips pressed firmly to hers which Tia sensed something was wrong with him and leaned away to look into his eyes. "Whats wrong amralime? What did Thorin want to talk to you about?" He saw her concern and knew there was no way to put it off for later...he sighed and with heavy heart told her.

"He has asked meh teh join him on an special mission..." he paused for a moment." ..To take back Erabor... help him reclaim his home." he saw shock written on her face and she started to shake her head in denial."Please luv... understand ...its not justa his home..but yurs too. I feel i must go with him ..." she backed up out of his arms knowing she needed to sit down before her legs gave out..still wanting to deny what she was hearing. Bofur knelt down in front of her taking her hands that shook and bowed his head over them as he spoke." I dont wanna leave yeh..but i truly feel like he needs meh teh help him on this." he felt more than heard her tears falling down her face and he looked up into her eyes. Seeing her tears falling nearly killed him and he gathered her in his arms hoping she would let him hold her..she did as she wept loudly into his leather vest. After awhile her body stopped shaking and she just sat there sniffing in his arms.

"When?" her voice was thick from the tears still.

"In a few weeks...Im meetin him in the shire along with others who are goin." his throat was tight from doing this to her.

"How long..." her voice paused for a moment. "Will you be gone?"

" No more than a year...I..I...promise. No matter what happens or goes on ..Ill return to yeh in a year." he assured her as he held her close to him.

"Whos going?" afraid of the answer she asked anyways.

"Bombur, Bifur, Thorin, Dwalin,Balin, Oin, Gloin, Ori, Dori, Nori, Fili, and Kili." he felt her stiffen at the mention of the two princes.

"Fili and Kili too?.. what about Tohlm? Is he having to go also..?" he felt her body shaking..as she waited for his answer.

"No." he felt her relax a little." Everyone felt hes still too young teh join even tho he is a good warrior and mighty handy with that axe of his..hes still too young. We feel he would be better served to protect yall. He not the only one stayin..theres Gimli..Gloins son, Yur father and uncle are also stayin teh watch over while we are gone." She hiccupped for a moment from crying and he stared intently into her tear filled eyes as he spoke then." I love yeh..more than anything else in this world... and if yeh asked meh to not go...i.." he paused then continued." wont..even tho i do feel he needs meh..men tessu menu( you are my everything)." he whispered the words into her ear. She slowly got up and went to the bathroom to wash her face while she thought over all he said.

Bofur saw her get up without a word leaving him by the chair as she went to the bathroom..he heard water pouring ..but nothing else. He worried that she hated him for this and he quietly wept. As the tears flowed down his face he didnt hear the door open or footsteps as they approached him. Suddenly he felt her hands on his shoulders turning him around towards her as she knelt at his side and he enfolded her in his arms holding her tightly to him as she tried to comfort him.

"Ghivashel ..shhhh..it will be alright. I do understand and i know you must go...i dont like it and im going to beat my cousins ukratin( backside) when next i see him..but i do understand my love. " He looked at her as she spoke and was amazed that such a wonderful and strong woman could love one such as him. She wiped the tears from his cheeks then a stern look entered her eyes."Promise. Promise you will stay safe and come back to me..I..I.." her voice cracked for a moment " cant live with out you...Men tessu menu...Forever"

Bofur placed his hands on either side of her head kissing her deeply... hearing her pleasurable sound from his kiss excited him and without breaking the kiss he scooped her up in his arms carring her to thier bed..forgetting dinner that evening .

Departure time..few weeks

Bofur was saddeling his pony readying on leaving in a few moments along with all the others when Tia walked up to him toting something in her arms. He turned around towards her as she approached him with a sad smile. "Amralime...i have a gift for you. To keep you warm and to always think of me." in her arms was a lovely knitted scarf of dark blue, brown, grey, dark beige, brown again, then dark blue once more. Tia started to place it around his neck while pointing out each color to him.

"This dark blue symbolizes our faith that we will be together again soon...this brown -the security of knowing im waiting for you to come back to my arms...this grey reminds you to always stay calm and remember our love is what will strengthen us while apart...the dark beige is the purity and unchanging nature of my love for you...this brown -may Mahal watch over you and protect you in your trials to come...and this blue will guide you to persevere over anything that tries to keep us apart" Bofurs eyes got a little misty as she wrapped the soft knitted scarf around him and then kissed him softly on the lips. He instantly deepened it plundering her mouth with his tongue..dragging out her taste into him one final time knowing it would have to sustain him till he was able to hold her in his arms again. Her arms reached around entwining themselves around him trying to hold him there for eternity..never wanting this moment to pass . There was a deep sigh and a few get a room from some of his companions which made him groan as he lifted his head from her.

" Aye lass..ill remember each one and think of yeh every time..my sweet rose. Now dontcha ever ferget luv...how much i luv yah and how as soon as this is done im comin home to yeh as fast as i can." Bofur held her tight to his chest breathing her in , then he let her go as he got on his mount to ride away.

"I love you too..now and forever...my heart..my soul..men azyung Bofur." He looked down at her one more time to lean down touching her face with his fingers and then he rode away as she stood there trying not to cry as he rode away. Tia stood there well past the time they were out of sight and she would stayed till dark if it wasnt a heavy hand gently fell to her shoulder. turning around she saw it was Tohlm with compassion in his eyes and that was her undoing as she threw herself into her brothers arms crying as softly as she could while he just held her tight and after a few moments he directed her back home .