New Generation

Snow fell softly onto the ground, aiding to the poignant silence gripping the home of the Ur family...inside the dwelling, several men were pacing back and forth with heavy hearts. Bofur held onto one of his daughters as he walked around..his distress evident in his steps...every now and again his eyes would stray to the door that stayed firmly shut between him and his failing wife, Tia. His eyes moved over to where his other daughter laid..slumbering peacefully in Tohlms arms as he paced alongside of Bofur. Off to the side along a wall sat his father, Rawfur, who was holding a dark haired little boy of maybe 1 years old...comforting the child who was sniffling in Rawfurs arms. Against another wall sat his friend Laicee and her wolf partner Mischa, who were entertaining his son, Kennan...trying to distract the child from his fathers mental anguish. Bofur decided he needed  to distract himself soon or he would worry himself sick as they all waited for any word on Tia.

"So...Da? Uhhmm...when did mum and yeh have a baby? I hadn't heard anything from Bombur or Bifur...so when?" Rawfur looked up from the child in his arms to give his son a grin.

"Well, there's a funny thing about that son....yeh see...he's not ours...he's yers." Bofur was once again speechless as he stood there staring in bafflement at his fathers words. He couldn't form any words at all, even though his mouth kept moving...trying to speak....Rawfur began to laugh at his son. "Tia found this little aingeal (angel), abandoned some months ago and decided that she wanted him...so now here's yer son, Griegur." he watched Bofur breathing heavy as he processed all this new information...head hung low as he gently stroked his daughters back who began to squirm a bit. Rawfur was afraid that Bofur was going to faint any moment, but was surprised as Bofur lifted his head ...his signature goofy smile on his lips and a twinkle in his hazel eyes.

"Yer right da...that is funny. Well I got one fer yeh also. " he looked over to Laicee and with his eyes indicated for her to bring Kennan over." Meet yer grandson, me son Kennan." the look on Rawfurs face was priceless as he gazed back and forth between his son and grandson...his surprise very clear. "I saved him in Dale and since he had no one and I love him..i took him as me own." Rawfur grinned wide as he held out a hand to the little boy who was watching him intently..a bit of uncertainty in the lads green eyes.

"Hello Kennan. I'm Rawfur, yer grandpa." slowly the child placed his small hand into the large one before him... a tiny smile upon his mouth. Suddenly there was a flurry of greeting...Griegur..Kennan..Uncle Tohlm..Grandpa Rawfur..Da Bofur..the still unnamed girls.. and Bofurs close friends Laicee and Mischa. The introductions were what they all needed to ease the tension enough, so they could keep waiting for any sound..any word on the woman who laid possibly dying in the next room. With what seemed like an eternity passing...the door finally opened as an exhausted Dis and Beryl came out...both with blood on their clothes...looking wrung out and both wore a smile upon their faces as they walked over to the awaiting group.

"Momma? Dis?" Bofurs voice was strained from his worry..afraid to hear the news about his wife, but hopeful they bore some good news since they were smiling. Beryl came over to place her hand on his face...peering into his anxiety filled eyes her smile became bigger.

"She's fine and resting comfortably now. She's ask..inn...." her voice trailed off as Bofur rushed past her into the room to see with his own eyes...shaking her head she headed over to her husband to lay her weary head against his ..seeking comfort of her own.

                                <--------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Bofur cautiously entered the bedroom...afraid to see his beloved sitting at deaths door still...what greeted him let loose a relieved sigh...those green eyes he had missed all these months peering at him , barely open , but very much aware...and alive. Slowly he made his way over to her, carrying their still sleeping daughter in his arms and gently sat down on the edge of the bed...his eyes drinking in her resting form. He saw a paleness still there to her, but her cheeks had a rosy tinge coming back to them..her jade green eyes were accentuated by the dark circles of exhaustion but becoming clear once again. Bofur reached out his hand that shook towards her to lightly stroke her cheek lovingly...his breath catching as he felt the warmth that he had missed so much all these many months, under his fingers and tears began to fall from his eyes. Tias sweet rosy lips parted in a soft smile as she took in the sight of her husband there with love.