reunions[pg]

10 years pass

Tias studies and training had progressed so well that she was considered to be one of the best in the area second only to master Grieg and many sought her out for her designs almost as much as her masters. She was even able to run the shop by herself so master and her could have a day or two off periodically. The shop was such a success that many in the region started to come to Gondalond for their wares which helped the city grow and become very well known.

Throughthe past 10 years Tohlm,Tia, and Bofur looked for hints or signs of her past...but no one remembered anything of a dwarven woman ,with a son and being with child, around that time. Their hopes of finding anything were fading rapidly. On her days off she generally made lunch and took it to the toy shop to Bofur and Tohlm so they could all eat together. One day on her day off they were gathered around the table in the back of the shop eating lunch talking when bofur got an idea about the ring.

" Tia? " she looked up from her soup.. hmmm.. " I was wondering about the ring and what master Grieg had ta say about it when yeh had shown it to him." Tia looked over to the curtain that led to the front of the shop before looking at him for a moment before remarking.

" I never did. You are the only one ive shown it to or mentioned of it. " she looked abashed as her face turned red at the look of surprise on his face.

"Why didnt yeh?" he blurted out before he thought .." sorry lass.. i know yeh had your reasons. " her face got even redder from embarrassment because she should of thought of that long ago. instead here they all were scrambling in the dark when possibly she was working with the one person who may hold the key to her past.

" No ..your right Bofur..im a fool. I should have told him about it and asked if he knew anything about it...I didnt think ." suddenly his hand wrapped around the back of her neck pulling her close to his face as he placed his forehead against hers. Starring into her eyes he spoke tenderly.

" No yeh didnt think...but thats one of yur ways that are too endearing to me." his smile softened the rebuke he gave her then he let go and went back to his lunch." Now... why dont we go over to the shop an see if he can take a look at it. Tohlm can watch the shop for a bit so we can sneak away after lunch ." Bofur saw her smile at him as she nodded her head at the idea. After a moment Tohlm came back in and sat down to eat. "Ey lad.. As soon as your done there me and yer sis are going to head over to the shop to have a talk with Grieg.. im a leaving yeh in charge till i get back. " Tohlm looked surprised but he replied respectfully to his master. " I will do my best sir...thank you ." As he spoke there was a rolling of thunder over head. " On second thought sir..you may want to go now..sounds like rain is coming ." Bofur nodded then quickly grabbed Tias hand ..." lets go lassie." and they ran out the door.

*************************************************

"Well that is an interesting story. So why didnt you tell me about the ring sooner huh?" her face went red again and she felt like she had let him down by not telling sooner. Bofur spoke up for her instead.

" She didnt want to burden yah with her problem more than she needed to..but were both askin now for yer help since we keep hitting a wall on this ." Grieg looked back and forth between them and whatever he saw swept away some of his dissapointment over this.

"Well..fine, fine. Let me see this ring." Tia handed it over to him turning to look at bofur when suddenly she heard a gasp from Grieg " I know this ring child.. where did you say you got again?" his eyes never left the ring he was looking at.

"My mother gave it to my father as she laid dying..telling him to show it to her family. You know this ring sir?" her voice quivered with hope.

"Yes... this is ring belongs to the Durin clan ..but not just any Durin. Its the ring of the royal family child. " her eyes widen into utter surprise at what he said.