Old & New Friends

A/N: this song is by a fantastic Hawaiian singer, his renditions of classics are great. His name is Isreal Kamakawiwo'ole...if you've never heard of him i suggest go to youtube and listen to some of his songs.

Song: Country road-(origanlly by John Denver)

                                                                           <<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Dear Mom, There has been a new development that has arose...due to the snows making it impossible for travel to occur and unforeseen circumstances that have cropped up, Ahmi and I have decided to have a small personal wedding ceremony with only those that are closest to us here. We plan on having the big royal wedding when you arrive in the spring/ summer. We miss you very much and can not wait till you all arrive.

Love,

Fili

P.S. Congratulations , your going to be a grandmother in the fall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Mom,

I told him not to tell you. I said it was a very bad idea to tell you like this, but just because I'm younger that doesn't mean I don't know anything. If only he would listen to his betters...but nooo...Mr. "I'm older..I know more" had to drop this onto you like this. Well shame on him. Miss you very much and can't wait to finally see you again. Love you very much.

Love, 

Kili

P.S. Alysi and I got married also. Love you bunches...kisses and hugs.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dis stood in her kitchen as the shock of both of her sons letters rattled around in her brain, while the two messenger birds, who had delivered the letters, shivered upon her table...both flicking off the snow that had accumulated in their travel to get here to Ered Luin. Both poor black birds had endured chilling snows, brutal and biting winds that froze feathers along their bodies and chilled their bones as they battled their way here...now they were waiting for their reward for performing beyond the call of duty to Erebor.

"CAW" one of them made a sound as if he was clearing his throat...reminding her that they were still waiting...startling her back to the present to focus on them.

"Oh. Pardon good sirs. Okay, I need you to take a message back to my sons, Fili and Kili, right away." both birds beaks fell open in shock at her words. Neither could believe that she was wanting them to go back out in this forsaken blizzard that was raging outside across the land, just to deliver a message. Was she insane?

"Princess." one of the birds interjected before she could start dictating to them.

"Hold on...I'll get this just right . Now..." she began to pace...two pairs of beady eyes followed her.

"Princess..." he tried again...she just flapped her hand at him to hush.

"Dear Fili and Kili..." she began to wring her hands as she kept pacing...they knew she was't going to listen to them unless they put a claw down.

"No. We won't do it. We are cold and tired. So no." she turned to glare at both of them..about to argue until she saw them both shaking their heads in unison.

"Okay. Fine. If that is your decision." they both fluffed up their feathers in agreement...both pleased at themselves for standing up for all of birdy kind. "Alright. Well, if you will excuse me...I must finish making my pie for a friend. Thank you for your services." she made her way over to the kitchen where she began to roll out her pie crust that she had been working on right before they showed up earlier. As she meticulously rolled the dough out she began to sing a little tune from her childhood.