the ring [pg]

After arriving ,him and the others found a place to stay and set up a toy shop. Each day wasnt easy but they were getting by on selling toys Bofur made while his cousin and brother went to work in the mines..which was a family tradition. The family always thought Bofur was a little odd because he apprenticed out as a toymaker..but he enjoyed it more than working in the mines. He did mine periodically to help out or make money , but his heart laid in making children smile ..and Tia. It took a few days for him to find her and the master but when he appeared in the shop the look in Tias eyes was all he needed to know he did right in coming.

It was raining as he approached the shop. As he got closer to the door he paused for a moment unsure of what kind of welcome he would get..if it was right in him coming here at all. He took a deep breath and opened the door.

"Welcome to Master Jeweler Griegs shop" he heard her voice and then saw her as she came from the back room to greet the newcomer. " how may i....." her voice trailed off as she saw who it was . "BOFUR!" her face lit up suddenly and she ran to him to embrace him in a hug. He wrapped his arms around her and held her tightly to him as his uncertainty melted away and was replaced by the rightness of holding her again finally. Suddenly he felt her shoulders begin to shake and when he looked down he saw tears in her eyes..he became worried.

"Ah lass .tell me whats wrong? Please dont cry..dont ya know yeh break me heart when ya do." he placed his hand on the side of her face gently and wiped her tears away with his thumb as his other arm kept his hold on her.

Tia looked into his eyes and smiled." Im sorry Bofur..im just so happy to see you. Ive missed you." her smile warmed his heart and made him feel alive again.

"I missed you too lassie. " he leaned his head down to kiss her forehead and she blushed with pleasure at his words or was it from the kiss...she didnt know which. " So does Tohlm..by the way, hes here too." she squealed with delight and started to look around for him as master Grieg came out from the back room to find out what the commotion was about. Bofur started to laugh as she looked confused when she didnt see him. " Hes at the house with meh brother and cousin helping to get things set up. Hello master grieg. Its good teh see yeh also."

"Hello master Bofur. What brings you down this way?" he queried.

"Im here teh set up shop and i figure while i had a moment teh stop in teh see ya." he shook Griegs hand then turned back to Tia.

" And is father here?" she saw Bofur shake his head no" why is Tohlm here with yall and not father?"

" Well thats because hes me apprentice now and i have ta say hes better than what i thought it would be..he is me first..so.." he laughingly shook his head over it until he saw concern in her eyes. "What ya thinking lass..i know i dont have experience with teaching but i think i can do it" Tia shook her head at him.

"Its not that.. i know you can do it Bofur. Its just now father is alone and.." her voice trailed off as she looked over at her master who was harumphing behind the counter. " hes just never been alone before and i worry about him a little..thats all." she looked back at Bofur while saying this but he saw there was more from the look in her eyes.

"Master Grieg..is there anyway i can steal yer apprentice away for a bit. I have her brother with me and i know she would love to see him. " He turned back to grieg to ask hoping he would let her go.

Grieg sighed and looked around the shop then he turned back to him." Guess so. This rain will keep most customers away so i might as well close up for the day. " he looked at Tias hopeful face and smiled at her." Go on you two..get out of here. i can close this up my self. "Bofur didnt need to be told twice, he grabbed Tias hand pulled her out of the shop.