Coming home

It was close to mid afternoon when the caravan of dwarves saw the gates of Erebor looming before them as a great cheer rose up from the ramparts where dwarves of different sizes could be seen leaning out to get a glimpse of the Princess Under the Mountain returning once more to her ancient family home. The doors began to open up and a small group people walked out ..smiling as they approached the weary travelers. Dis's eyes focused on the leader of this welcome home gathering....he stood proud and tall..his dark hair blew in the breeze behind him making him appear even more majestic and regal to the eyes. Thorin's blue eyes gazed with joyous delight at seeing his sister finally there as he finally came close to her where she stood...next to him was his beloved fiancee, Kechi, who was worrying her lip in nervousness upon seeing the princess there. She knew many months ago she and her sisters had up and ran off in the middle of the night without any warning...leaving their family behind and a very pregnant woman who the princess was counting on to help when it came time to give birth. Dis eyed the woman next to her brother with a narrowed gaze  for a moment then finally Dis smiled at her ..thinking maybe the woman suffered enough since no one had told her the fate of her cousin, Tia, or the children...Dis smiled even bigger at the surprise awaiting everyone when they saw the family. Thorin wrapped his arm around Kechi's waist in comfort at his sister's glare...raising an eyebrow at his sister in slight warning , relaxing when he saw her sweet smile appearing. 

"Dis...Welcome sister. Welcome home Princess Under the Mountain." throwing his arms out he gathered Dis tightly to him in a hug...hearing her whisper into his ear that brought a cringe inside.

"We are going to have a chat later brother of mine" then louder so others could hear. "Thank you brother. It is good to be back home and to see you safe and well...back where you belong." she then turned to look around and saw her son Kili standing a few steps behind Thorin along with his wife , Alysi,and she opened her arms in welcome...Kili practically flew into his mothers arms and buried his face into her shoulder to shield the tear that fell from an eye in the feeling of coming home.

"Momma..." he sniffed as he felt her tighten her arms around him. "...I ..I missed you momma."  she leaned back and gave him a watery smile in return as she cupped his beaded jaw in her hand...losing herself in his warm chocolate eyes.

"My boy..my sweet boy Kili...oh how I missed you too." they rested their heads together for a moment then she leaned away to peer around at the many faces around...looking for blond hair and not seeing it. "Where...Where's Fili? I don't see him." as she peered around she became a bit frantic..a feeling of desperation in seeing her oldest son overwhelmed her...she needed to see him with her own eyes to truly know he was safe...suddenly a smooth honeyed voice came from the shadows where she couldn't see into because of the sun shining so brightly.

"Right here ..mother." that's when she saw him and her eyes widen in shock at the sight of her golden haired son coming out of the shadows. He was leaner than when last she saw him but he was still beautiful ...her eyes traveled down his body and she gasped at his legs. She saw silvery bands wrapping around his legs that had runes and beautiful designs carved into the metal braces..his steps were a bit stilted but he walked upright towards his mother with a enormous smile upon his face as he leaned onto a metal cane with etchings of lions hunting along it. Next to him walked his lovely wife Ahmi who was looking very pregnant now..her corn silk blond hair catching in the breeze that blew through the area and making it fan out into a halo that framed her startling amethyst colored eyes that seemed very serene as she walked along by his side. Finally they both came to her side and stopped..both waiting for a reaction at the sight of him with his braces gleaming in the sunlight along his legs...her mouth tried to work and after a few moments it did.

"Fi..li? What..?" shaking her head quickly she instead grabbed him into her arms..nearly toppling him off his feet but between her arms and Ahmi's help he retained his footing as he embraced her back. Both grinning like maniacs ..not caring that tears poured down their eyes and they had an audience to their display... suddenly being joined by Kili and Thorin as laughter boiling out of them as they clung together ... eventually they all were able to gather themselves together. Fili began to tell his mother about working hard everyday to make these metal braces for his legs to help him to walk....it was one of his desires , to greet her and his child standing on his own two feet.  Suddenly a  squeal resonated out as Ahmi, Kechi, and Alysi saw Tia up on the wagon's bench and they raced over to her as she waved  to her cousins...Bofur had ducked into the back of the wagon to pull out Kennan who grinned at his father in delight that this ride had come to an end as Bofur hopped down off the wagon. He saw the women chattering around Tia about how good she looked ...he gazed at his lovely wife who glowed in happiness at seeing her family there.