Chapter 26~

Zayn's POV

I looked outside my kitchen window, it's raining. It's 11:00 am, but theres no sun. The day is dull. Or maybe that's just the way I see it. The way I see everything. Dull.

I just sat in my kitchen, taking everything in when my Phone rang. It was my mum's doctor.

"Hello," I answered, waiting for a reply.

"Hi, this is Dr. Sydney. Can you please come to the hospital. We have news about your mother." The doctor asked.

"Sure, i'll come right away Dr. Sydney. Thank you." I hung up.

I grabbed my leather jacket and ran out the door. I hopped on my motorcycle and started the engine. I then thought about what she told me.

News?

What kind of news?

Is she alright?

I got to the hospital and parked my motorbike. I ran into the hospital and asked for Dr. Sydney. The nurse told me to go to room 114, her office. I knocked on her door, and let myself in.

"Hello, Zayn" The doctor greeted me.

"Hi, you wanted to speak to me about my mother? Is she alright?" I asked.

"Your mother is improving. She can hear everything we are saying right now. But she is unable to speak, or open her eyes just yet. If we try really hard, we can get her to make some movement. She is working very well with this treatment. And your mother will soon come out of coma. I just wanted to let you know she is doing great. There is nothing to worry about. " The doctor said.

"Thank you so much, without you, my mother wouldnt have made it." I smiled for the first time in a very long time. The world doesn't seem dull anymore. Kind of like my mom is my light. When she's not their, theres no light, and everythings dull. Everything is getting better, her light is still dim, but it's brightening.

"No, thank you, Zayn.. The patient must feel wanted to come back to her senses. You and some other girl that visited Patricia showed her that she needed to come back. Its all thanks to the two of you. I never got her personal information to call her. You should let her know." She replied and walked away.

The two of us? Is she talking about Ariana?

"Uhm, does this girl have light brown hair?" I asked.

"I believe so, Who is she? Your girlfriend?" Doctor asked.

My cheeks started heating up. Am I blushing? No, Zayn. No.

"N-No, she's just a friend." I corrected

"Well, she must be a close friend, I mean, she talks to your mother all the time about you. Most of the time she's worried though." She said.

Ariana worries about me? How cut- I mean she has nothing to worry about. I'm a grown man, I can take care of myself.

But, it's still cute.

"Well, thanks for keeping me updated about my mum. Bye" I smiled.

"Your welcome, Zayn, goodbye." She waved as I closed the door after myself.

The doctor told me to let Ariana know about my mum and how shes's doing. And that's just what i'll do.

Ariana's POV

I invited Liam over today, we have alot of catching up to do. I've been to busy worrying about Tricia and Zay- never mind.

"Ariana, you want to go to Nandos. I'm starving." He rubbed his tummy.