Chapter 31 ~

Zayn's POV

I woke up with my arms wrapped around Ariana. I felt a pain in my back, I was sleeping on the floor? I looked up and realised me and Ari never went home last night. We just slept on the beach. Oh god. What's her mum going to say? I looked over to Ari, she started stirring. She openes up her beautiful brown eyes. "Good Morning, cupcake" I kissed her forehead.

"Good Morning, Zayn." She released herself from my arms and stood up. "Did we really sleep on the beach?" She chuckled.

"Yeah, pretty much." I laughed and sat her next to me.

"Oh my mom must be so worried. Oh well," She sighed.

"Hey what time is it?" I asked.

"11:34," She checked her Micheal Kors watch.

11:34. I suddenly started to panic. I stood up and put on my shoes. "What's wrong?" Ari asked sleepily.

"Today, the doctor told me that he'll let me know how my mother is doing. I'm late," I sighed. How cpuld I be so stupid?

"Oh shit." She got up and started to put everythiing in the picnic basket. "Can I come with you?" She asked "Of course you can," I said as she replied with a cheesy smiled.

We gathered all of our things and got into my car and drove in the direction of the hospital.

"Yesterday was amazing, Zayn. Thank you," Ari kissed my cheek.

"Anything for you, love." I smiled at her.

*15 Minutes Later*

"We're here, cupcake." I got out of my car and opened the door for Ari. "Thanks," I held her hand as we walked in the hospital. She started to get nervous, "Everything's going to be fine." I reassured her.

"I hope so," She replied.

"Hello, Doctor Sydney." I smiled.

"Hello Zayn and Ariana," Doctor replied. She seemed somewhat sad?

"Uhm do you have any news about mum?" I asked.

"Yes, well, after running some tests on her, she hasn't improved infact, she's gotten worse." Doc replied.

Worry rushed over me," W-What does that mean?" I asked.

"Well we don't know when you're mother will wake up, or if she'll wake up. I'm so sorry," The doctor said.

Won't wake up?

She has to.

She's my mum.

Then a nurse came rushing over to us, " Doctor S, patient in room 314 needs assistance." The nurse said.

Wait, 314.

Mum's room.

"Mum's room? What? Why?! What's wrong with her?!" I yelled, throwing questions at them.

"Please Mr. Malik, have a seat i'll be back," She ran into mum's room.

I ran after her but someone held me back, "I'm sorry, you can't go in there!" A nurse yelled.

"She's my mum!" I let tears fall from my face. From the corner of my eye I saw mum moving, shaking, uncontrolably.

"Z-Zayn stop," I heard Ariana say. I turned around and noticed she was crawled up on the floor with her head in her knees. Crying.

Crying?

No, I won't let her cry.

I ran upto her but before I could speak she said, "Zayn i'm scared."