Chapter Ten: Liss

"I'm going to kill them all." I snap as I pace the length of our apartment.

It's about two o'clock in the morning. Luca sits on a chair backwards watching me pace. Andy is asleep in my bed, between Luca and I we managed to find her clothes to sleep in. I'll take her shopping tomorrow, I have extra money. Even though we don't get along my dad wires me money every month. I couldn't get over how tired the poor girl was, she must not have been sleeping or something.

"Liss you don't need to be getting into trouble." Luca tells me.

"Luca, she's nineteen! Bobby and CC are twenty-four and twenty-three! I know what it's like to be nineteen in this stupid city, that's before asshole one and asshole two....urghh!" I sigh as I pace. 

"Lissy, how old were you when you moved out here?" He wonders.

"Seventeen, almost eighteen. Luca you moved out here with me!" I admit and he smiles.

"Why did you move out here?" Luca wonders and I scowl.

"You know the story." I mutter. "I had to get away from my dad and his stupid son."

"Do you see yourself in Andy?" He wonders.

"I don't want her to get hurt." I explain and he smirks.

"For someone who isn't even twenty-two yet, you're pretty wise." Luca admits and I roll my eyes.

"I'm still going to kill them. Those fucking--" the door opens.

"Lissa?" Rikki calls as he open the door.

I look over but before I can he wraps me up in a tight hug. I wrap my arms up around his shoulders. I feel Rikki kiss the top of my head.

"You're pretty sexy when you're angry." He mumbles only loud enough for me to hear and I smile into his chest. "Did you find her?"

"Where are your idiot friends?" I ask and he chuckles.

"Not here, babe." Rikki assures me.

"Yeah, I found her. She's dead asleep in my room." I admit.

"You're shaking sexy, you're ready to kill?" He wonders. I look up at him and he smiles.

"I'm fucking pissed! They shouldn't be such cocks to her!" I start and Rikki laughs.

"Babe, you're yelling." Rikki tells me and my face goes red. "So what's going to happen?"

"She's staying here as long as she needs. Andy needs a family, I know what it's like to feel alone. She's not going to get that." I state matter of factly.

"That's fair. Are you going to be able to see CC and Bobby without going rugby on their asses? Or should I keep them at bay for a couple of days?" He wonders while playing with my red ends.

"Maybe a couple of days grace." I say and he nods.

"It's done, baby." Rikki assures me. "What about you?"

"What about me, babe?" I wonder and he half smiles.

"You need sleep." He tells me.

"I'll take the couch." I say and he looks at me. "Don't worry so much." I smile and he kisses my forehead.

"I'll be back in he morning." Rikki tells me and he lifts up my shin.

We kiss for a long while. It was one of those kisses that is straight out of a John Hughes film. Like the kinda kiss that would make Judd Nelson thrust his fist into the air. Those stupid cheesy movie kisses that everyone says is dumb but secretly crave. For once, their life would be like a movie.

"You're my whole world." Rikki kisses my forehead again before turning to Luca. "Make sure she sleeps." Luca stands at attention.

"Sir, yes sir!" Luca smirks.

Rikki kisses my knuckles before going out the door. Luca looks at me.

"You heard the Stud McHotStuff, get your sexy ass to bed." Luca smirks and I roll my eyes.

"Goodnight Luca." I say and he smiles.

"Night, good looking." He says as he goes to his room.

I walk into my room, careful not to wake Andy. I open my dresser and grab some plaid shorts with an old Knicks shirt. I quietly get changed, before I leave Andy starts talking. She's mostly asleep.

"Am I safe here, Lissa?" Andy wonders.

"Yeah honey, I won't let anything happen to you." I assure her before walking out to the couch.

A family is supposed to build each other up, not knock each other down. For the first time, Andy and I will both have a family like that. No one gets left behind, everyone is welcomed. A family that loves each other.