Chapter Twenty-Four: Liss

"Scared?" Luca wonders as we board the plane.

"No." I lie.

I'm horrified. My dad lives a town over from Fort Payne. Rikki wants to meet my dad, I'm not sure why. Rikki is still pissed off after meeting Carter. After finding out about them beating me, he's been careful about who we hang around with and not letting people touch me. I sit beside Rikki and put my head on his shoulder, he grabs my hand.

We take off and Bret starts to freak out and is nearly sitting in Luca's lap. Luca keeps looking down at his pants and I roll my eyes. Luca needs some ass. Rikki kisses my forehead.

"What's eating you?" He wonders.

"Im not scared." I say but he laughs. "That wasn't the question was it?"

"No baby, it wasn't." Rikki runs this thumb across the back of my hand. "Why are you scared?"

"My dad and you killing each other." I admit.

"Baby, I can fight." He laughs and I smile.

"Baby, you got your ass kicked by my brother." I tell him and he sighs.

"I didn't want to hurt the poor bastard." Rikki admits. "Everything will be okay. Just rest."

"Okay, baby." I say as I close my eyes.

Rikki

I open my eyes and we're still on the plane, in air. Liss is asleep on my shoulder and her head is close to my neck. My eyes trail down our intertwined arms and to our hands. Liss' hands are crazy thin. Her black hair fading into blood red covers her arms. When she stands it's down to her mid back. Her bangs hang to the bridge of her nose. When she's awake her bangs part and I can see those pall green eyes, those pretty pale green eyes. I move her bangs so I can see her face.

My girl, the most beautiful girl. Liss Swagger. That Brooklyn broad that's been everywhere. I love her like crazy. I look down to see that the Black Sabbath shirt of Andy's that she was wearing was pulled up and her athletic stomach was showing. It looks like someone was playing with her....What?

I pull her shirt back down and look around. Bobby is the only one sitting close enough to screw with her shirt. Bobby wouldn't, I mean, she's nearly killed him once before. Besides he's looking out the window completely out of it. Bobby wouldn't do that to me, we've been like brothers for years now.

Liss' beautiful green eyes opens and she smiles at me. It must've just ridden up in her sleep. I smile at her. My perfect girl.

We hit some turbulence and Bret jumps into Luca's lap, screaming.

"Jesus fucking Christ!!"  He yells and we laugh.