Chapter Twelve: Liss

Luca

"C'mon." Liss says as she walks out of her room.

She has her rugby bag slung over her shoulder and a Louisville Slugger in her hand. Liss wears an oversized sweater that says Washington State on it, Liss had gotten a full ride scholarship there but decided against university. A companying the sweater is a pair of spandex shorts. She's dressed for rugby, Liss doesn't play today. Rikki, Andy, and I look back at her.

"Please tell me you're not going to kill band members today." Rikki smirks and she smiles.

"I have knives for that, don't worry." She smiles and we laugh.

"Where are we going?" Andy wonders, Liss rolls her eyes.

"Just come on, don't trust me or something?" Liss wonders.

"Honey, I've known you for a long time now. The answer is still no." I smirk and she flips me off, making Rikki laugh.

"I'm serious, come on." Liss insists and we all agree.

We pile into her car and she drives us out to where she plays rugby. Liss gets out of the car and starts to pick the lock on the shed that holds the supplies, ignoring all questions. Once she gets in, she comes out half a second later with a pad that they use for drills.

Liss walks up to the eight foot chain link fence that's locked from the inside. She throws her bag and the pad over the fence before starting to climb it.

"Alyssa Keira! You're going to kill yourself!" I call as she straddles the fence.

"Fuck off." She mutters before dropping to her feet on the other side.

Liss opens the fence back up for as and we walk into the pitch. She walks over to her bag and grabs her mouthpiece. Liss holds it between her teeth and she positions Andy about fifteen feet away from her. She hooks her arm in the pad and stands opposite to Andy. For now she's holding her mouthpiece.

"Do your worst, quarterback." Liss challenges as Rikki and I sit on the grass.

"I'm not going to hit you." Andy crosses her arms and Liss smirks if to say 'Wanna make a bet?'.

"Scared footballer? Without your big pads and inferiority complexes?" Liss wonders.

She has a special talent for pissing people off to the point of doing whatever she wants them to do. Liss goes on for about five minutes or so.

"We only wear mouth guards in rugby! You have your stupid helmets, your pads, need me to go on?" Liss smirks and I can see anger rising in Andy's face.

Liss sees it to and she pops her mouth guard into place, widening her stance. Andy plows into Liss, driving her backwards. Liss is really strong in her legs and she's not very easy to move once she's locked into place. Once Andy hooks her leg, Liss goes down taking Andy with her.

Liss

"Why the hell did you make me do that?" Andy wonders, still on top of me. I spit out my mouth guard.

"Tackling is the easiest way to take out anger." I smirk.

"You're a real asshole sometimes." Andy laughs as we get up.

"So I've been told." I throw her the pad. "Try not to hit you're head."

"Wait what?" She calls as I back peddle about fifteen feet.

"You'll be fine! Don't try to catch yourself and tuck your head." I yell and she nods.

I plow into her driving her back about five feet, before hooking her leg and grabbing a fist full of Rolling Stones shirt. We drop to the ground and I sit up on my knees. I pull my mouth guard out and look over to Andy.

"You good?" I wonder and she smirks.

"That all you got rugger?" She challenges.

"You're so going down." I say as we reset.

We do this for about an hour. Rikki and Luca get into it cheering us on. We laugh and make the other eat dirt and it's fun. Tackling cures everything!

After that, I pull up to a junkyard and grab my bat.

"What are we going to do now?" Luca smirks.

"Have tea. What do you think?" I wonder holding up the bat. "We're going to smash shit." I say and Rikki and Andy light up.

We spend another two hours in there, taking turns hitting cars with my bat. Every time we hit a punch buggy, we yell 'punch buggy, no punch backs' and the rest of us scatter. It's a lot of fun and as the sun sets, we head to the bar.

A day well spent. Andy is smiling again, we got to smash some shit, now we gonna drink. A great day.