Chapter 8

We climb back onto the couch, and sit a little closer together. My eyes start wandering around the room, and I notice a clock that reads 1:12. "Holy crap, it's one in the morning.. are you serious? Man today has been a really strange day for me." I said

"Yea, sorry about that." Nathan responded

"Anyway, what were you saying about Mae.. When can she come? Tonight? Can I call her?" I smother him in questions.

"We should wait until tomorrow to call her, cause it's a little too late now. I'm gonna keep your phone on me."

"Oh, Come on. You don't trust me?" I give him my version of puppy dog eyes.

"Don't give me that pouty look. You are forgetting I know a lot about you. I know you can be a sly little brat."

"Hey! I'm not a brat. Take that back!"

"See..." He said smiling

"Oh whatever.. fine." I say crossing my arms.

"Quit whining and get over here." He pulls me over to him, and I lay my head on his shoulders. Just then I realized how tired I really was. It wasn't two minutes and I was out like a light.

............................

It was dark..empty. I was alone, yet felt surrounded. Out of the shadows, people stepped closer, and closer. They WERE surrounding me. All of them had fangs, just not as big as Nathans. They were pale with dark circles around their eyes. All I could think of was they are vampires, but do they exist? How could they NOT, werewolves exist don't they? The vampires were getting closer and closer, but not saying anything. Then one of them pulled me out, I could here him say "RUN", but I couldn't see his face.

...............................

I woke up from the horrifying nightmare, sweating profusely, and panting. I quickly calmed myself once I knew it was only just a dream. It was so hot. Sitting straight up, I had to focus my eyes on where I was. It was still a little too dark in the room to see everything, but I could tell I wasn't in the living room anymore. I was on a soft, comfy bed. I moved my hands across the silk sheets, but quickly stopped when I felt something else.. or should I say someone else. Nathan was sound asleep on the other side of the bed. My face turned red hot. I slowly slid out of the bed, and walked down the hall trying to get to the kitchen. I swear I was going to get lost.... "this place is so huge" I whispered to myself.

Now that I was out of the room, I could tell that it was light outside. It was probably still early morning, though. It felt like I was walking for 20 minutes when I finally found the kitchen. I tried to be as quiet as possible looking for something to make for breakfast. I grabbed some pans, and decided to make a couple eggs, and some bacon.

Nathan steps out from around the corner when everything is almost done.

"Hmm, You could smell it from that far... You really ARE a dog." I laugh

"Watch it, girly." He grinned. His hair was all nappy, but it looked good on him. He was wearing a pair of basketball shorts, and he was shirtless. A little rush came over my body, and gave me cold chills up my back, and on my neck. I looked away from him, and back to the food. I try so hard not to grin. He notices and steps behind me. Nathan slides his hands down my hips, and gets really close to me.

"Uhm, Nathan... You're getting a little too handsy." I say.

"Are you sure... or am I not handsy enough?" He replies.

I turn around to face him.. his hands are still on my hips. I slowly take my finger and touch his chest, and drag my finger gently down lower, and lower...then bring my knee up into his crouch quickly. Next thing I know, Nathans on the floor whining like a lost puppy dog. I just laugh hysterically.

"I told you, you were getting to handsy. It's your own fault you didn't listen." I say to him.

He's still on the floor holding his hands over his 'area' and says "But did you have to knee me there."

"Well... maybe I didn't have to, but it was still funny."

Grrrr... Nathan growls at me.

"Hey.. You better not growl at me. I have a hot frying pan and I'm definitely not afraid to use it on you.. OK?"

His eyes just get really wide, and he stops growling.

"Good boy." I respond, laughing. "Now come on. The foods done, and I'm starving."