Chapter 16

An hour passes by and the guard that stands with Blaine walks out the door. Blaine quickly runs over to me and yanks the chains apart.

"We have to hurry, if we don't get you back to Nathan by midnight ...well you know what happens." His voice slowly died off.

I just remember something. I can't believe I didn't see it before now.

"It was YOU!" I jump up. "You saved me in my dream, You helped me when I was surrounded by other vampires. I guess that was like a vision of you."

"Well.. that's cool I guess but Kristina we have to get going like NOW."

He grabs my arm and we run out the door of the room and into a HUGE hallway. "Come on!" He chants.

I try to stay at his pace but the fact is that I'm not as fast as a real vampire. I keep running with him anyway. We quickly come across some trouble... and it's the worst of them all... The king and his rough twins.

"Stay behind me. I can handle them." Blaine holds his arm out. I step back a few feet and make sure no one is behind us. 

"What do you think you're doing, Blaine." One of the twins said.

"I'm about to be kicking your ass all over the place in a minute." Blaine said

"I'm gonna make you eat those words!" The other twin said. 

"Come and get me." Blaine snickered

The twins came after him. Both at the same time. Blaine said a little chant under his breath and one of them went flying into the wall. The other was being drug across the floor backwards. When the one man hit the wall it knocked him out cold. Blaine wasn't through with the other twin yet. Blaine sped over to him and picked him up by his throat. Blaine said something to him, but I couldn't hear, then he slammed him into the ground with all his might, and the floor broke beneath the man. 

"And As for you, Your HIGHNESS..." Blaine shoots magic from the palm of his hand and it knocks the king across the hall. The king can't move. Blaine walks to him and each step is like the sound of thunder in the empty hall. When, he's standing over the king two enormous wings come out of Blaine's back and his face changes to a stone gray color. The image kind of reminded me of the way gargoyles look. He then lifts the king up and says "For all the people you've ever hurt in the world...including Kristina." as he sinks his teeth into the king's neck and rips out his throat.    

The king falls to his knees as his throat is pouring blood onto the floor. A gurgling sound escapes his mouth as he takes his final breath. The last thing he sees is me and Blaine running out of the hall.