Chapter 13

The day felt like it went by pretty quickly. We kept watching different horror movies, and just talked and joked with each other. It started raining about an hour ago, and it just kept getting louder and stronger, but we didn't care. Mae looked like she was warming up to the guys a little. Every time I tried to think about something good, though, my mind kept switching over to the full moon. I kept asking so many questions to myself, but I didn't want anyone else to realize I was stressed. I jumped at the sound of the thunder. 

"Jumpy there, aren't ya?" Jesse said.

"Yea.. I guess I'm just.. well you know." I replied

"It's gonna be okay though. We are here with ya." Mae said calmly.

Right after she finished her sentence the lights flickered. 

"How long is the storm supposed to last?" I asked

"I don't think the storm caused that. I've got a feeling that was from a vamp." Nathan said with a stern look on his face.

"What do you mean... I thought they couldn't come to a wolf's territory." Mae said

"They can't, unless, they have help from a witch, or if it's the ruler of the vampires." Jesse answered. 

"I can smell 'em" Nathan added. The lights went completely out, and all other electronics cut off. 

"This is really freaking me out right now." I say. Mae nods her head in agreement. Both guys get up.

"You girls stay here. We'll be back." Nathan said, then, they took off as fast as lightning. A few moments after they left I said "Mae, I'm gonna go to the kitchen to see if there is any matches or flashlight or something."

"I don't think that's the best idea though." She replied

"Don't worry, If I can't find any then I'll come right back." I responded as I got up and walked to the kitchen alone. I made my way into the kitchen trying not to bump into things. Even though it wasn't really nighttime yet the storm made it look that way. I felt my hands touch the cabinet and I reached up for the knob and opened it. There was nothing that I could use as light in it. I kept moving to every cabinet and drawer, searching. 

When I was about to reach for the shelf at the very top, I felt someone's hand come around my mouth. They pulled me with their other arm squeezing the breath out of me. I tried thrashing my legs, and I tried to scream but nothing could get out. The person then threw me over their shoulders and ran/flew through the house quickly, and out the door. He flew into the woods. All I could see was Nathan's house getting farther and farther away.

...........................

"Kristina? Are you in here?" Mae said walking into the kitchen. "Answer me please!" She walked to where I last was. Looking down, she noticed a glass fell on the floor and broke, and I guess something triggered in her, telling her that something bad happened to me.

"NATHAN! JESSE! HURRY!" She screamed. She could hear the thumps of their feet running through the house toward her. 

"What's wrong? Where's Kristina?" Jesse asked

"That's what's wrong! She came in the kitchen to find a light or matches and she didn't come back." Mae started crying. "Is she gonna be killed?" 

"No, They need her. They wouldn't kill her." Jesse said quietly as he looked over at Nathan.

Nathan's eyes were turning red, his teeth were coming out, his muscles started moving in odd ways, and his snout started to form. He was turning into his wolf..and it was NOT happy.

He stomped off with full speed, and leaped out the door. 

"HOLY SHIT!!!! WHAT JUST HAPPENED?" Mae freaked

"I don't know If Nathan told her, but let's just say you don't mess with the Alpha Male's Mate." Jesse replied

"Are you saying Kristina is Nathan's... mate?" Mae said with a shocked expression.