Chapter 13

Onika

"Y'all ain't see that comin huh?" Meek asked while looking down at Ace unconscious body laughing.

I looked back and forth to Meek then back to Ace's body with my mouth wide open and my eyes popped out.

"Damn Meek you ain't have to do him all like that" Dre said grabbing a towel a pressing it down on Ace's chest trying to lift him up but was struggling to JoJo helped him.

"Fuck'em, come on Nic" I followed after Meek walking straight out the front door without saying anything to anyone.

We was driving for a 20 minutes in complete silence with no radio no nothing but the sounds of the rain landing all over the car and the window wipers.

"Talk" He said soon as he parked the car on the side of the road.

"I-I don't know what to say" I said lowly. "I-"

"You what?" He turned his head in my direction looking straight at me.

"I'm sorry?"

"Ain't nothin for you to be sorry for" he grabbed my left hand playing with the engagement ring.

"I'm sorry baby" he said taking me by surprise. "I'm not sorry for shootin the nigga but I'm sorry for doin it in front of you like that"

"It's okay Meek"

"No it's-"

"No seriously it's okay Meek after seeing you do that you would think I would be shaken up but surprisingly I'm not I guess I sorta seen that coming" I shrugged.

"You sure?" He looked at me funny.

"Yes Rihmeek"

"Ightt yo, now tell what was up with boul" at first I didn't know what he meant then it clicked.

"Oh uhm it wasn't nothing major I guess... He'll be like flirtatious and say sexual things"

"Like what?" He's face scrunched up.

"He'll... Offer himself to me that's the best way I can put it" I huffed out.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked since he wasn't saying anything.

"At you? Nah but at the face that you didn't say shit yea, why the fuck didn't you tell me?" He didn't sound or look mad but he did look confused and somewhat hurt.

"Because I didn't want you to hurt him" I sighed.

"Fuck you mean you didn't want me to hurt him? What you was protectin him or somethin?" I nodded like it was the obvious thing it the world.

"Uh yeah" I said in a duh tone. "I was only doing it because I knew you was going to do something harmful to him" he sucked his teeth.

"So the fuck what? What Ace gotta do with you?"

"Meek that's your friend and you just shot him twice with no guilt no regret or nothing!" I exclaimed.

"He ain't shit, he don't mean shit to me! Fuck'em what I need to feel guilty for?" He looked at me like I was crazy.

"Okay Meek I don't want to argue with you, I don't like arguing with you so can we just go" I leaned my head against the window.

"I don't like arguin with you either but you just..." I couldn't hear what he said because he started mumbling and he started the car back up pulling off.

-

Meek

"He ain't dead?" I sucked my teeth. "I should've shoot his ass in the face but I wanted that nigga to die slowly" Dre shook his head at me.