Chapter 18

Onika

"I don't believe you" I looked Meek up and down.

"Why not? Do you really think I would fuck around with that girl?" He asked me with wide eyes.

I stayed quiet avoiding eye contact. Right now we were standing in the middle of my moms living room. Bey left saying she had something else better to do, which was a lie and my mom was at work so it was just the two of us. Sadly.

"Why wouldn't you?" I said a couple minutes later, breaking that awful awkward silence.

"Yo- you gotta be fuckin kiddin me yo" he exclaimed, he looked frustrated as hell. "It's like talkin to a brick fuckin wall" he shook his head.

"Was that suppose to hurt my feelings?" I asked in a monotone.

"I'm not tryna hurt ya feelings" he scoffed. "I'm tryna figure out why the fuck you throw your ring back at me and why would you ever think that I would fuck around with Amber"

"Like forreal Nic don't nobody want that girl, I don't want nobody but you, how many times do I have to tell you that? Everyday? Cause I will"

"Fire her" I crossed my arms and looked right up at him.

"What?"

"Fire her, get rid of her I don't know something but I don't want her near you or me or any of us" I said with a straight face.

"That's really what you want me to do?" He asked.

"Uh yeah" I replied in a duh tone.

"If I do it you gone take the ring back?" He pulled the ring I threw back at him out of his pocket.

"Depends" I shrugged.

"Depends on what Nic?"

"If you actually do it or not" i said.

"I'm gonna do it yo"

"I'll think about it"

-

"You're the most stubborn person ever" my mom said to me.

"Am not" i shook my head.

"Are too"

"Am not!" I shot back.

"Onika"

"Carol"

"Stop"

"I'm not doing anything" I pouted.

"How old are you again?" She tilted her head to the side.

"Almost 23" I slouched down into the couch and mumbled.

"Then act like it" she sighed. "I think you should at least talk to h-"

"So now you're taking his side?"

"I'm not taking anyone's side Onika, I had talked to him and I think you should consider having a real conversation with him"

"I'll think about it"

-

It was around 3:30 in the morning and right when I was about to fall asleep Bey came running into my room.

"What the hell Bey" I covered my eyes as she flicked the light switch.

"Wake up Nic" she stood by the door like she was a innocent child.

"What did you do now" I sat up on my bed with my back against my headboard and my hand on my stomach.

"Nothing" she and a few seconds later the door opened wider and there appeared Meek.