Chapter 18

Song for this chapter: Temporary Bliss by The Cab

My eyes still shut as his lips left a sloppy kiss to my forehead. "You can't make me insane about you when I already am." he mumbled against my hair as he pulled the blankets over our bare bodies, covering my back before wrapping his arms around me as I remained on top of him.

Sarah's P.O.V
"You don't see the chemistry between us?" Luke's drunk, deep voice forced itself against the skin of my neck. "Kiss me." He pushed himself closer to me. "Please stop." "I feel something with us, just one kiss." he whispered, pushing a strand of hair from my face. "No." I slightly pulled away from him. "She said no!" Alex barged between us, pushing at Luke's chest.

"Why were you with him?" He closed his bedroom door between us. The drive here was uncomfortably awkward for both of us. "He called me and..." "Oh, he called you? So you had to go because he called you?" He mocked me, clearly angry at me. "Are you jealous?" I jokingly poked at his stomach as we laid distanced apart on his bed. "No and that's not the point, the point is that what if your ride, which was me, didn't get there on time? Especially when I didn't know you were with him." He wouldn't even turn his head in my direction. "Why did you tell me you were going with Lauren?" he pried. "I was, I wanted to leave. She was still there with John." I turned to look at him, my face holding sorrow along with my apology. "Why didn't you just tell me he was going to be there?" he asked yet another question. "Because I didn't want this to happen, you wouldn't have let me go. I just wanted a couple drinks and then I was going to leave." "How many drinks did you have?" Yet another fucking question. "Alex, would you stop interrogating me! What the fuck? We're not dating, stop trying to make me feel bad about this." I snapped, sitting up putting my face in my hands, squeezing at my temples. "I don't trust him." he stated still not moving a muscle. "Why does that even matter? He's not going to gut me like a fish. He's a nice guy." I defended Luke, not sure why. "He didn't seem so nice tonight." he snorted. "Please stop, do you realize I've been leading him on? He doesn't know any better." My words triggered something in him to sit up and look into my eyes. "Stop leading him on then, just leave him behind." he growled, his eyes burned through mine. "Stop, just stop being so mean to me! Is there something you're  not telling me?" I was on the verge of tears at this point. "What the fuck would I be hiding from you?" He flailed his arms around. I placed my fingers on his cheek trying to calm him down. "Why won't you let me in? We should be talking like..." I was cut off. "Like what? Normal people?" he pushed my touch away from his face. It didn't hurt, it was just harsh enough to make my tears finally fall.

It took him about a whole minutes to pull me into his chest. "I'm sorry." He mumbled into the top of my head. "Why do you treat me so bad?" I gasped for air as I sobbed into his black shirt. "I'm jealous, okay? I'll admit it." His words made my stomach flutter and I know he felt my chuckle against his chest. "I knew it." I smiled, settling my emotions. "That obvious, huh?" he pulled away from me so he could look at my face. "A little bit." I said, pinching my fingers together leaving a small gap to show the "little" amount. He was calm now as he studied my face before carefully wiping at my cheeks. "Wanna get drunk like usual?" he asked. "You know me so well." I jumped up from the mess of blankets and raced him down to the kitchen.

After multiple shots and mixed amounts of alcohol I was sat on the counter as Alex stood between my legs. My arms rested over his shoulders and his were around my waist. He was leaned against my body, his head against my chest, it was technically just a very lengthy hug. I played with the ends of his hair, wrapping it around my fingers as he softy swayed to the quiet music. Both of our eyes are closed as I felt his words against my skin. "You're beautiful." My stomach did somersaults and my heart felt as though it would explode. "You're drunk." I whispered into the top of his head, my hands running through his slightly knotted hair. "Yes I'm drunk and you're beautiful," his lips left a tender kiss to my neck. "And tomorrow morning, I will be sober but you'll still be beautiful." The words were slurred against my ear, his breath warm with alcohol.

A/N: Slightly short chapter, but oh my God FUCK ME UP! Anyone else have the feels? If you comment and vote I will highly appreciate it, babes.