Chapter 29

Song for this chapter: The Man by Ed Sheeran

"Are you ready to start your classes tomorrow morn-?" Toni's question was cut off by the loud ringtone of my phone. I gave her the "give me a minute" finger as I searched through the ruffled blanket for the source of the ringing. It was Will and I ended up rejecting it for the moment. If it's important, he'll call again. If not, then I'll call him back later. My head threw a random thought out as I thought to myself; I never thought I'd push every close thing away in order to pull every distant thing closer.

Sarah's P.O.V
During the few hours that passed, me and Toni sat in our room just getting to know each other. Which was honestly no problem at all since we were pretty much the same person with just totally different styles.

"So for the party tonight, should I go for casual or totes slutty?" She asked as I watched her finger scroll across her phone screen. "How about combine them?" I gave her a smirk.

"Ooo," She walked over to her dresser drawer and sat on the ground. "Me likey." She quietly said to herself as she dug through her clothing options.

"So what's the big deal about this party? Is it like once they bring in new students they just use it as an excuse to throw it?" I spoke as I rolled over onto my back, the blankets on my bed becoming unorganized.

"Knowing this university, probably. Think of it as a party but also a way to welcome you newbies."

This is her second year here and this is my first day, I hope this doesn't turn out to be a complete disaster with my luck.

"Sarah, we have 3 hours. Start planning your outfit and crap." She spoke as she threw something towards me.

"You might need that tonight."

I lifted it up realizing it was a thong. "Ew, dude! What the hell?" I threw it back towards her, lightly chuckling.

"Calm down, I never wore it before." She laughed at my reaction before shoving it back in her drawer.

"Do you have one?" She asked. "Well, I mean are you trying to get laid tonight?" She corrected her question.

"No, I don't think that's my plan for the night." I diverted my attention to my finger nails as I began picking them out of frustration.

"You have a boyfriend back home?" Her voice sounded sympathetic almost as if she truly seemed to want to know.

"Yeah," I spoke. "I mean no," I sighed. "I don't know honestly, I didn't necessarily leave on good terms." I couldn't even find the courage to look in her direction.

"How long were you guys together?"

"Long story," I inhaled. "We've known each other for years but I don't want to waste your time and explain everything so I guess you can say we've officially been together for just a few months."

Thinking of Alex hurt my heart and made me miss him, even though I shouldn't. After the things he had the nerve to tell me I should hate his guts, but it's just not that easy for me.

"I expect to hear the long story when we have time?" She spoke in a questioning tone instead of stating it.

"It's not like some Romeo and Juliet type shit, it's boring to be honest." I admitted with a painfully, fake laugh.

"Boring or not, I wanna hear it. I usually have all the time in the world...just not tonight." She pushed.

She really wants to hear about my lame ass life and relationship? It's only been a couple hours, I'm surprised such a stranger already cares to listen to me.

As she planned out multiple outfits on the floor, I sat at the desk on the opposite side of the room doing my makeup.

"I had a boyfriend when I first came here," She quietly said, still focusing her attention on her apparel.

"What happened?" I asked out of curiosity.

"I thought he was the love of my life, you know sometimes how you just get that feeling in your gut and you just think you know?" She asked, using hand gestures to explain.

I swallowed, knowing the feeling too well. "Yeah..." I silently mumbled.

"After I left, I don't even think it took him a week to replace me."

"Damn," I sighed, feeling the hurt for her.

"It was one of my best friends to top it all off," She shook her head. "I lost two of the best people in my life just because I decided to take the step to better myself."

I took him a sharp breath, setting down the makeup utensil that was in my hand.

My mind flashed through pictures of Lauren, Will, and Alex and the thought of losing them, most likely them replacing me.

Alex's P.O.V
I haven't left my bed, I've been staring blankly at each angle, corner, and wall of my room, checking my phone occasionally.

I gave up contacting her since she completely put me on mute.

It's late here, but it's a few hours later where she is.

I almost contemplated trying just one more call, but she's probably sleeping. She's definitely sleeping, she has classes in the morning. I'm so stupid.

I can always just leave a message...she usually puts her phone on silent besides the alarm so I wouldn't wake her.

So many options ran through my head to the point where I almost felt dizzy.

This is the last time I'm going to try, if she doesn't call me back in the morning or anytime tomorrow...this will be my final attempt at trying to make things right.

I grabbed the phone from my bedside table and dialed the most recent number in my call log.

The ringing seemed to be longer than usual and my nerves began to quiver.

"Please, please, please..." I shut my eyes and begged.

I heard the line pick up and I shut my mouth thinking of what to say.

I was waiting to hear the "hello" fall from her lips but all I heard was shuffling.

"Yellow," some guy spoke, answering my call.

I pulled the phone from my ear, checking to make sure I dialed the correct number and sure enough I did.

"Uh, hellooo," He spoke once more.

"Um, yeah sorry. I uh-" I was still in shock and didn't even know what to say.

"Aye, sweet tits. Someone is on the phone for you." I heard him refer to the girl that meant a bit too much to me. The girl I sat here and worried about for hours on end while she was cuddling up to some hunky college guy doing God knows what else.

I heard her tired grumble, the one that I knew a little too well before he interrupted my thoughts.

"She isn't gonna wake up, I'll tell her you called in the morning." He assured me.

"Actually, it's fine. It wasn't important." I left it at that and hung up.

A/N: Hello my lovelies! I know it's been about 5ever since my last update and I apologize. For those of you who read my author notes you should know that my father passed away recently and on top of that my school work is taking a toll on me. Anyways, please comment your thoughts, it will make my day. Vote, comment, and follow. Love you, babies. xoxo