Prologue

P E R C Y

My head pounded and my heart ached. My body felt like it was on fire and I had a crazy headache. Is this how it feels like to be dead? Cause if it is then I don't like it one bit. I groaned and opened my eyes, but closed them again,'Why is it so bright in here?' I thought. I slowly opened them and looked around. First thing I noticed? Everything was white. The bed I was lying on, the walls, floor, and ceiling.

I looked down at myself and noticed I was pretty solid. Is that normal? Am I still alive? My second question, unfortunately, came first. I felt someone put the weight I've been caring all those years back on my chest. My heart clenched and guilt spread through my body.

Oh, Percy, a voice in my head said, you didn't think you could get rid of me that fast, did you?

I groaned. I didn't want to deal with this right now. I just want to know how I'm still alive, where I am, and how I can get back to my friends.

Is that really a good idea, though? I mean, after everything you've done? Starting the war? Killing your parents, my breath hitched, Jason, and Scarlett. Wouldn't it be better for you to stay away?

I was frozen. I've started to believe the voice now. It makes sense, doesn't it? If I weren't here, then there wouldn't be war. It's all my fault. All my fault. It's always my fault. The second Titan war. The second Giant war. Now this. I killed Jason. My best friend. Sally and Paul. My wonderful parents, and I was only mean to them. And Scarlett. Beautiful, innocent Scar. Her broken, glassy eyes stared up at the ceiling.

I curled up in the corner of the white room and cried. I cried and cried until I heard a soft, "Percy?" I jumped up in the air and wiped my tears away. Sadly that didn't go to plan. The person grabbed my hands and moved them from my face. I tried to look away by putting my head down, but they just put their hand under my chin and lifted my head up. I looked at the person and saw a beautiful looking lady.

She had jet black hair like mine, and startling purple eyes. She had rose pink lips and her facial features showed how worried she was. I also noted how she looked unfamiliar, yet she knew me.

I jumped back and pulled out my Chaos sword. I pointed it at the girl, but she didn't even flinch, "Who are you? And where am I? I don't know if you brought me back to life, but if you did, I don't want this second chance at life!"

She ignored all of my questions, which I found very rude, and asked her own question, "Percy, why were you crying?"

"That's none of your business!" I snapped.

This time she did flinch and said, "I'm Rose, daughter of Apollo. I'm the healer. We are in Utopia, the Chaos realm. And no I will not kill you, that's up to Chaos, the creator and-"

"Yeah, yeah, I know who the dimwit is. Now where do I go?" I stopped her before she could say more.

She looked at me as if I grew a second head,"Y-you shouldn't speak about Chaos like that. He could-"

"Blast me to bits. No. He wouldn't. He knows me." I told her.

"Y-you know Chaos?" she stuttered. I laughed and nodded my head.

I opened my mouth to speak, but someone beat me to it. "Yeah. My wonderful, brave, loyal, caring, fierce, and strong heir. Prince Perseus."

My head wiped to meet Chaos' grinning face "First of all, I'm none of those things you said. Second, no 'Prince'. And third, why am I here? I should be in the Underworld. Why did you bring me here Chaos? It was my time. I'm too young for all this." I was begging him, pleading him to let me go.

He frowned, "First, you are everything I said and don't deny it. Second, fine. And third," he sighed, "I couldn't let you die yet. It wasn't your time. The fates decided they still need you"

"They need me to stay to torture me! They're cruel! Evil! Never once have they given me a break! Never once have they taken pity on me! They kept me alive only to make me suffer more!" tears formed in my eyes, "I just want it to stop!"

Chaos gave my a sad look before looking a little happier, "How about this? If you stay, you can bring back some friends?"

My frown wavered. One look into his eyes told me that he wouldn't let me go, so I sighed and looked down. I might as well make the most of it.

"No, I can't bring the girl." he stopped me before I could say more, "Or your parents." I opened my mouth for a different proposal, "No! Not the two boys who are ALIVE! Dead demigods, Perseus! Dead-demigods!" he stated, clearly annoyed.

I thought. And thought. And thought some more. I opened my mouth, and thankfully he didn't inturupt, "Uh, Silena, Beckendorf, Micheal, Zoe, and Bianca?" All these people didn't deserve to die. They deserved better. They deserved to live. I couldn't save them the first time, but this'll make up for it.

He nodded and waved his hand. There stood six very green and confused demigods, "Ugh...I don't feel too good..." Charles Beckendorf groaned.

"It happens whenever you teleport..." Micheal said. Still the smart Doctor I see. Then they all saw me, "PERCY!" and they all dog piled me. I was laughing my head off smiling a wide genuine smile for the first time in a while. They all got up off me.

"Wait a minute, how are alive? Or are you dead?" Silena gasped, "Did you die? Oh my gods, how?"

I laughed at her reaction, "No, I didn't-" I stopped. Technically, I did die, "Never mind. I did die, but that's not the point. We're all alive now. I'll explain everything later."

"Good. 'Cause you have a lot to explain, Perce." Michael chuckled, but I flinched slightly. That's what everyone called me back then. Only Leo and Dylan call me that now.

Oh come on! They're you're friends- wait sorry. They're not your friends. You have no friends.

"Percy?" he tried again, and I looked at him. Michael looked at the others, but they looked just as confused, "You all right man?"

I nodded my head weakly, "Can you show us our rooms? Mine first, please?" I asked Chaos. He nodded and we left the white room.

The others whispered in the back, while Chaos started a conversation with me, "You feeling alright, Percy? You don't look so well."

"Well, I just got denied to go to the underworld and forced to be alive to fight more battles, so do you think I'm ok, Chaos?" I asked him, pretty harsh.

He grimaced, stuffing his hands in his pockets, "I know you don't-"

"You clearly don't know anything. Otherwise, the 'oh so powerful lord' would cut me some slack and tell the fates to suck it up because I don't want to do anymore of their dirty work." I snapped, balling my hands and clenching my jaw. He put his hands up in the air as if saying, 'OK, OK, I surrender!'

"That's your room. Tomorrow-" I didn't listen to the rest of what he had to say and ran into my room. I slammed the door closed, and locked it. I slid down my door, and tried to control my breathing.

What is happening to me? I couldn't catch my breath or stop panicking. Over what? There's nothing to be panicking about. Other than the fact that I'm going to have to go through a bunch of pain and heartbreak, and I could possibly kill more people and start more wars. I pulled at my hair with both hands. This can't be happening.