24. I Talk To Invisible Men, But I'm Not Crazy

P E R C Y

Right before he brought the blade down, another blade pierced through his chest. His eyes widened and his mouth opening and closing like a fish. His body was shove off of me, and the sword was removed from his chest. Above him stood Beckendorf. His hand was out stretched for me, which I gratefully took. He pulled me up to my feet and patted me on the shoulder.

"You know, you should really hang back on these battles. I don't think that ring is making you better on the battlefield." He said, picking up my sword and handing it to me.

I shrugged,"Thanks, Beck."

"Anytime." He said and ran back into battle.

I glanced at Tartarus' unmoving body,"That was for my parents." I muttered and went into the battlefield.

...

I held up my hand, stopping Luke from continuing his rant,"I'm fine, Luke. Just a couple wounds. Nothing I won't recover from. Just calm down-"

"That's like telling a girl to 'calm down' when she's mad at you, Perce! It's suicide! You never do it! It's no different with me! You could've died, and you're telling me to 'calm down'?!" Luke said, jumping into another rant.

I groaned, and laid back down in the infirmary bed.

Bianca placed a hand on my shoulder,"You should probably go to sleep, Percy. You need to rest up."

From the other side of the bed, Luke was shaking his head at me as if saying 'You still haven't told her? Or anyone? Shame...'

I coughed awkwardly,"Yeah...I would, but I'm not really tired. I'm already feeling better. I think I can-" I was interrupted by a sudden beep of my watch. I frowned,"Chaos needs me. I'll be back."

"Percy-"

I gave Bianca a quick peck on the lips,"I'll be back. Just a quick trip. You two should probably head to dinner anyways." With that, I teleported away. When I arrived in Chaos' office, I felt a burn around my fingers. I grimaced, trying to hide the pain.

Chaos winced as if my pain hurt him as well,"Hello, Percy."

"Hey.." I said, very confused,"So, what do you need?"

"Well, I've taken note of your 'sleeping problem'," Chaos said calmly.

I rolled my eyes at him,"What, have you been watching me 24/7?" He scoffed,"Because that's not creepy at all."

"I know how much you wish that was true, but I have a life as well. I don't spend all my time watching you. Sorry." He said, sarcastically.

I gasp in fake shock,"Wow! I didn't know because it really seems like you didn't have a life. You seemed to know a lot about me, so.." I started looking at his desk full of paper and books, wondering what he was doing.

He rolled his eyes, and stood up,"I don't stalk you. You're just bad at hiding things from me." He turned to glance at me,"Let's get back on track. I feel like I can break your 'curse' of sorts. At least you will have a good nights sleep."

My head snapped up to him,"Really?!" I coughed awkwardly,"Cool. So, uh, how do we do it?" Although I was avoiding his gaze, I could tell he was smirking.

"That's where the issue comes in." He said. I raised an eyebrow and motioned him to continue. He sighed,"Ok, so I was doing some research, and I found the solution. In your dream, does it always seem as if it's just blackness. Like, no way out, no windows?" I nodded, confused,"Ok, well, that's not true. There is a small hole somewhere in there. I don't know where. In a wall, a corner, the floor, ceiling, anywhere. You use that hole to help break the wall. It may seem like emptiness going down, but you'll have to just into the emptiness. That frees your conscious from Order."