10. Man Down!

A N N A B E T H

We waited patiently for Percy. On the enemy side, Kronos was barking orders at a young demigod girl. She had brown, curly hair with brown eyes, so I'm guessing she's a daughter of Hephaestus. I felt bad for the poor girl. I looked back at the team, and saw that Hunter and Slayer were talking about how stupid boys are. Alpha and Beauty were talking about Percy's love life. Forge was telling Slinger about how Beauty's been hanging out with Piper a lot. Something about bricks? I don't know.

Finally, Percy came. I hadn't gotten the chance to properly speak to him. I still can't believe he's alive, but I shouldn't be surprised at this point. He seemed to always avoid death somehow.

"Ok, Firestorm and Slayer go to the right. Alpha and Hunter go-" He stopped, "No wait, sorry. We can't have you two making out in the middle of a battle field, so-"

"We would never do that!" Alpha and Star yelled at the same time, both blushing. Well, at least I think they are. It's hard to see with that stupid cloak in the way. Gosh! I hate not knowing!

"Yes, you would!" Percy shot back.

I cleared my throat loudly, gaining their attention, "We have a war. Please, continue." Campers were trying to hold in their laughter, but were failing.

"Ok so, Beauty and Alpha to the left. Hunter, you're with me. Campers, follow the plan Annabeth gave you, ok? Ok." He rubbed his head, something that's happening a lot, and said, "Let's just get this over with."

Him and Hunter raced down the hill, everyone else following.

P E R C Y

We raced down the hill, making our way to Kronos.

Oh my! The most powerful demigod ever, TO THE RESCUE! Now all you need is a superhero name! The voice said sarcastically, No! You're stupid! He's gonna manipulate you! Make you think things, so that you're distracted then he's goes in for the kill! Oh wait.... That's a great idea! Never mind. Keep going.

I groaned as I couldn't hear anymore, his words echoing in my mind. I kept moving though. I ducked, and stabbed the Cyclops in the eye, "Hunter!" Zoë looked at me, "You know what to do!" She nodded before leaving.

I strolled up to Kronos, "Hey Gramps! Over here!"

He turned to me seething, "What did you call me?" He asked in a strangely calm voice.

"Gramps?" I asked innocently, "Well you ARE my grandpa, and I hate it as much as you, but it was only to get your attention."

His eyes widened as Zoë stabbed him in the back. He fell to the ground, but looked up at me, smirking, "I hope you get to your friend in time." Before disappearing.

A blood curling scream stood out from the rest, "LUKE!" Zoë and I yelled at the same time, running forward the sound of his voice. When we got there, Luke was on the ground with golden veins popping out. I picked him up, and flashed out. I appeared in the infirmary.

I ran in, and yelled, "MAN DOWN! I REPEAT, MAN DOWN!"

People ran up to me, and took Luke away from me. Rose came up, and gave me a strange look, "Man down? Really, Perce?"

I smiled, "That's what they do in movies, so I have every right to do that."

She just shook her head with a faint smile on her lips, "Ok, so, what happened?" She asked.

"I don't really know. Kronos came up with an army, and then said 'I hope you save your friend' before dying, and Luke fell down." I answered.

She nodded, "Well, we will call you once we're done."

I let out a breathe I didn't know I was holding and left. I didn't know where I was going before I stopped in front of Chaos' door. I walked in to find something unexpected. Paper was littered everywhere, his desk was a mess, full of random stuff. Chaos himself was muttering words I couldn't catch. He was opening cabinets, looking for something, then slamming it closed again. Chaos is not necessarily messy. He's always organized and neat.

"Hey," I said.

I swear he jumped 3 feet in air, letting out a strangled yelp. This scared me as I did the same. I always do that, and he's never that scared. He turned to look at me, and muttered to himself, "Yes...I'm right. I just have to find the file." He gave me a look, "What are you doing here, Percy?"

"Oh, just bringing Luke to the infirmary." He stared me down making me crack, "And because I had a dream."

He raised an eyebrow, "What was it about?"

"Um, Order gave me a visit." He froze, "And he, uh, showed me bad things. I-I had this weird feeling that it was all true, and that's what worries me." I looked him straight in the eye, "He also that you made him that way. Bitter and evil."

This time, Chaos carried a depressed look, "I don't want to speak about this, Percy. It's in the past, I don't know why he thinks it's my fault."

I looked at him shocked, "But Chaos, this could reveal-"

"Nothing Percy. It will reveal nothing. End of discussion." Chaos cut me off, pulling out a file.

"Chaos, we could use this to our advantage! We could-"

"I said, end of discussion, Percy!" He yelled at me, "This information will not help you, or anyone!"

He wouldn't tell you because you're not trustworthy enough to hold such information.

I was speechless. He never raises his voice to anyone. He is the calmest person I've ever met, and it was obvious he made a huge mistake in his past, "Everyone makes mistake. It's better to let it out now then later." I whispered.

"Percy-" Before he could say anything, I was gone.

I reappeared in the cabin. Zoë came up to me with tears glistening in her eyes, "Where's Luke?"

"Rose is taking care of him. He'll be fine." She sighed, and fell on her bunk.

I sat down on my bunk, lost in thought. I need help. Real help. I can't keep on hiding myself from the world. I wish I could, but I can't. I'm gonna go insane, soon, and I want someone to know why. Maybe the the team? But how would they react? Would they think I'm crazy and weird? Would they kick me off the team because I'm too insane to lead them? Would they be scared of me? Is it worth the risk? They're like family. I don't know if I'll be able to handle it. I'm suppose to protect them, but how can I do that if I can't even protect myself from...me? I groaned. What am I going to do?

I suddenly had a massive headache. My eyelids felt to heavy to keep open. I let darkness consume me into nightmares.