22. OOPS! I Pulled Out The Ring!

L U K E

I grabbed Percy's arm and whispered in his ear,"I don't know why she likes you, but don't mess it up, ok?"

He rolled his eyes,"Wow. Aren't you a great friend?"

I grinned,"I know I am. Now get out of here. Go have some fun."

He smiled and left with Bianca on their 'date'. It's about time, too. They've liked each other for years and didn't say a word about it.

I saw Zoë, and ran up to her. I wrapped an arm around her waist,"Hello, beautiful." I said, kissing her check.

She grimaced,"Ew! I got Luke saliva on me. I'm gonna turn into a monster now." I pouted, and she laughed,"I'm just kidding."

I opened my mouth, but someone had interrupted me,"LUKE!" I looked back. What was that kids name again? Leo? I think that's right.

"Yes?" I said, raising and eyebrow.

He was out of breath,"I saw....something in the....woods. Me and Haden....looked....now he's gone."

My eyebrows furrowed,"Gone? Like disappeared or....dead."

"Disappeared!" He screeched,"But look at the marks!" He said grabbing my arm and pulling me towards the other side of camp. We got there and everyone was already crowding the boarder.

Chiron was trying to calm every down, but his efforts were useless. They were too loud and pointing at something. Leo pointed at a tree,"There."

I squinted and saw it. Claw marks. I pushed through people and went across the boarder to the tree.

"Luke, please come back! It's dangerous out there!" Chiron tried to persuade me, but I ignored his pleas. I stood in front of the tree and took a closer look at it. I touched inside the mark, but immediately pulled back my hand once I felt a wet liquid. I looked at my hand and saw a white substance. I yelped and immediately wiped it off as best as I could. Once I did, I pulled out my sword faster then I ever have.

"Are you ok?" Chiron asked, his voiced laced with so much worry and concern.

"Yeah..." I said, a million things running through my head,"I think I know what happened..." I looked at the dark forest,"Call the others and tell them to come here." I looked around for footprints. Or something bigger... I used my sword to move leaves, but stopped once I saw blood.

"What is it?" An Aphrodite child asked.

I looked back, and grimaced,"I think we may be dealing with a dragon."

...

"So how big is it? What color is it? Does he have powers? Does-"

"Do you ever just shut up?!" I snapped at Leo.

We were walking through the woods, followed a path of blood. I took Jason, Leo, and Hazel. Now I'm regretting taking anyone at all.

Leo shrunk, but stayed quiet. I stopped moving once the blood stopped. I looked up and my breath caught in my throat. Fear griped my heart as I looked at the sight in front of me. Hazel had her hands over her mouth, Leo and Jason couldn't even watch the sight. There in front of us was Haden tied to tree. Dead. Claw marks all over him, along with LOTS of blood.