11. Rachel Elizabeth Dare

P E R C Y

I woke up with a wild look in my eyes. I don't ever think I'm ever going to sleep after that nightmare. I looked at the clock. 3:00 am. I quietly got up. I heard Michael shift in his bed, but didn't wake up. I got dressed like a normal teenager would. A purple shirt with a red design, some jeans, and a jacket. I slipped on some converse before leaving the cabin. A warm spring breeze hit me in the face. I walked out of camp, and into the city.

Why does my life have to be messed up? Why do the fates hate me? I just want a break! I sighed, and pulled out Rainbows, my sword. I small smile formed on my lips at the memory of giving it the name. I sighed, I could end it all. End the pain, the heartbreak, the lies. No more hiding from everyone, or worrying about not dying. No suffering. I can finally be happy.

"Happy..." I said dreamily. I word felt foreign in my mouth. I don't can't remember the last time I actually felt happy. I forgot how it felt to be happy. A kids major priority is suppose to be school, not trying to stay alive because monsters hunt you down. I looked at the black blade one last time before putting it away. I would love to see my mom one more time, but I knew she would give me a look of disappointment. I have to stay strong for her.

I walked along the beach my mom would take me to when I was little. I looked up at the moon, and instead of being reminded of Artemis, I was reminded of Cress. My heart clenched in guilt. For 5 years, I've abandoned the search for her. I swore to myself I would ask Hades about her.

I saw someone sitting on the beach, and immediately knew it was Apollo. Although Fortiá wasn't with me, I could faintly hear him say, "The stupid neither forgive nor forget; The naive forgive and forget; The wise forgive, but do not forget."

I sat down next to Apollo, "I knew you would come," He said, "Dreams?"

I nodded, "Yeah. I don't think I'll ever be able to sleep after that nightmare."

"Hey, look, Percy. I'm-I'm sorry. I shouldn't have told them. I should've been a better friend, and kept a secret. Ever since your 'death', I've never forgiven myself. I barely said a word to anyone." He sighed, "I knew your fate, Percy. I saw it once you asked to not be immortal, and I did nothing. In fact, I made it worse, and I'm sorry. I guess what I'm trying to say is, will you forgive me?" He looked down as if expecting me to say no.

"Yes Apollo. It was all my fault. I was over reacting. You were only trying to do what was best for me."

I felt him hug me before pulling back, and punching me in the shoulder, "It wasn't your fault! Don't do that to yourself!"

I only smirked at him, "Oh, if only you knew, Apollo. If only you knew..."

He narrowed his eyes at me, but he already knew he wasn't gonna get anything out of me. He looked at the sea again, "You should talk to your dad."

"Well...I consider Chaos as my father. He's always there for me. Why do I have to visit him?" I said, emotionless.

He glared at me, "I mean Poseidon. He's depressed, Percy. He might fade soon. Uncle P never talks to anyone. He's always in his palace, and I'm pretty sure you don't want your birth father to fade, do you?"

"No..." I muttered, "Maybe I'll visit him today. After I check on Alpha. Then, after I visit Rachel, and if we come back before 6:00 then I'll visit Poseidon."

He smiled, "Good. Now I have to go. See you later, Perce!" And he was gone. I sighed, and teleported to the infirmary.

Rose jumped when I appeared next to her. Once she caught her breath, she smiled at me, "He's all ready. Here he..." She flattered, looking at an empty bed, "He was here a second ago!" She exclaimed.