4. Messing Up BIG TIME

P E R C Y

I sighed and stuck out my hand to help him up. He took it gratefully.

"How much did you hear?" I asked him.

"Only when Athena said,'Persues'. Nothing else, I swear." He said.

I nodded, "Fine. Athena and I were done talking anyways. Don't tell anyone about me. No one. Unless you want to face the consequences." I said turning to walk away.

"What about Dylan and Leo?" Nico asked.

I stopped dead in my tracks, "What about them?"

"You should tell them! They're so upset, and-"

"No they are not." I said turning to look at him, "As you can obviously see, they look perfectly fine. Like they don't miss me at all. I'm not Percy anymore, Nico. I'm Terás." I turned away and walked to my cabin, not giving them a chance to talk. I opened the door quietly, knowing them, they're probably sleeping. But no. They were all sitting up and talking to someone. Dylan. I mentally groaned and waited till they noticed me.

"Yeah, he does seem like a dumb leader, isn't he?" Dylan laughed. I tensed. They're talking about me.

I saw Luke grimace, "He's not dumb, he's just...well, oblivious to things. He's actually smarter then he looks." Luke laughed.

The conversation continued to be about my obliviousness for 5 minutes now. That was, until Michael noticed me.

"Tes! H-how long were you there, buddy?" He asked nervously.

"Oh, only 5 minutes." I answered sarcastically, giving him my best wolf glare. It worked as he flinched slightly. I smirked to myself. It works every time.

"Look, you know we didn't mean it. We were just-" Luke tried to explain

"Yeah, you only tried to make the little kid laugh. Haha it was really amusing, really." I finished for him sarcastically. Luke winced at my words, as if I slapped him in the face.

"But-"

"The kid found it funny?" I asked innocently then sighed, "Whatever. It was all true anyways." The teams eyes widened.

"No, Tes-" Bianca started.

"You." I said pointing at Dylan, "What were you doing here in the first place?"

He straighten up and said, "I asked about you. Why you would hurt a little kid just to protect your pride? Then the conversation changed to your stupid brain." Wow he must have a lot of courage.

My vision blurred and everything went red again, "My pride?! Are you joking?! You put the point of your sword to me, thinking you're all strong and can beat me because of your big ego! Always want to be the center of attention! Sometimes I wonder why Perseus even liked an arrogant kid like you!"

Dylan trembled from anger or sadness, I don't know, "Because he was nice. He was caring and always thought of others before himself. He was the only one who actually cared for me! He just wanted to protect me. He didn't care about how mean or nice I was to him. He just wanted me safe. You are nothing like that! You are a mean, heartless, jerk! Only care for yourself and your title! Don't care if anyone died, as long as you're still standing! You will never be like his caring self!" He yelled at me.

My vision cleared, "You're right. I will never be Percy Jackson." He only groaned and ran out the door, bumping my shoulder on purpose. The door closed just as my knees felt weak.

You know, he is right. You're a murderer. Killed Jason, your parents, AND Scarlett. Wow...

"Perce-"

"Don't call me Percy!" Thank Gods the cabin was sound proof, "You heard me. I will never be Percy Jackson." I tried to keep myself from falling down, "We wouldn't even be in this situation if..." I trailed off, but they knew exactly why.

"P-Téras, please. It wasn't true stuff." Bianca pleaded.

"Maybe it is! How about I let my Second in Command take over, huh? Maybe his smart brain will help you guys." I yelled at them as my vision turned red again. I shakily walked to my room and slammed the door closed, locking it. I fell on my bed, leaving myself with only the voice to talk to.

L U K E

Ok, I think I'm gonna die. I was panicking and was cursing myself for letting the kid in. I've never actually been in charge of the team before. I was pacing back and forth thinking about what I'm going to do. I could try talking some sense into Percy or just suck it up and lead the team. I agreed with the first one and went to Percy door.

"Percy...?" I asked hesitantly.

"What?" I heard him reply.

"Can uh... Can you-"

"No, Luke. I've already made up my mind. Plus, it feels good to take a break for once." He replied, but it didn't really sound like him. I mean like, his voice was deeper and darker. More evil. I shivered and walked away. I guess he did need a break. I sighed and ran a hand through my messy hair. Things just always go bad, don't they.

I walked out of the cabin and into the sun. Dylan came running up to me, "Did you get in trouble?"

I winced, "No. He just...took a little break, so that makes me in charge."

"That's great! Right?"

I hesitated, "Y-yeah, I guess?" It sounded more like a question, but thankfully, Dylan didn't notice.

I started heading towards the dining pavilion to get dinner when the conch horn sounded three times. I groaned, grabbing my sword. One thing running through my mind.

I didn't get to eat lunch.