26. The Cost of Victory

P E R C Y

I tapped my foot impatiently. I was getting annoyed and the tension in the room wasn't making it better. I called this meeting 10 minutes ago. It was suppose to start 5 minutes ago, yet here we are, still waiting for Chaos to show up. He is never late to a meeting, so where is he?

As if he heard my thoughts, he teleported in saying,"Sorry I'm late. Unit 3 wouldn't let me go. Stupid Ares' kids."

Michael scoffed,"Unit 3 always has issues." He crossed his arms,"Too many to count. Maybe you should let them go, Chaos. They clearly can't work together."

He shrugged,"Maybe you're right, but-"

"Of course I'm right!" Michael retorted.

"Michael." I said, gaining his attention. He looked at me, and I raised my eyebrow, a clear sign that he should shut up. He took the hint and shrunk in his seat with an embarrassed look. I sighed and rubbed the back of neck,"Ok, so I've been debating weather or not I should tell you, but I realized that hiding it wouldn't change anything."

Chaos fake gasp,"Percy?! Hiding something? What a surprise!"

I gave him a bored expression and moved on,"So, I was told that there are three stages to this ring." Before they could say anything else, I held up a finger,"Let me finish, will you? Ok, so the first and second stage go hand in hand. First my powers get out of control, then comes the pain where my powers basically are gone. So I had a problem three days ago. My fire powers were taken away, right? It comes out of my hand, but whereas I thought it took one by one, the ring took all the powers that can escape from my hands." I said, apathetically.

"But that's like-"

"All of my Chaos and most of Godly powers, yes I think I realized that by now." I snapped, really annoyed,"The past three days were not easy, either." I spun the ring around my finger,"I'm losing most of my powers, and soon enough I'll be useless." I muttered,"Anyways. The third stage will take away my memories. I heard it may or may not drive me insane, so, I have to do something before it does."

"And who exactly told you this?" Bianca said. Just hearing her voice made my heart hurt, and I'm sure everyone in the room noticed.

I leaned back on the chair,"Galen."

"We need to talk about this 'Galen' kid. If you and Order can see him, but we can't-"

"Galen said that only people who really need help can see him." I said, cutting Luke off,"He is a spirit and his job is to help those in need. He is the guy who told Zeus to tell Chaos about Orders plan to attack him. Order got mad and killed anyone who knew him and erased Zeus' memory." I told them.

They were silent, so I decided to speak up again,"He has a plan to kill Order and destroy the ring." Their heads snapped my way,"It's a crazy plan, but it's a plan. It may kill me, but it may not. Though, if we want it to work, we have to do it before my memories are wiped."

Silena scoffed,""It may kill me, but it may not." Are we really going to take that risk?"

Luke rolled his eyes,"Well, maybe we should allow him to tell us what this plan is first before you shoot it down."

Silena glared at him,"He said it might kill him. I don't need to know the plan to know I'm not taking the risk."

"Guys." I said trying to gain their attention. Everyone else was watching them nervously.

"What if this plan is the only way to kill Order, huh? Even if it does kill him, it's either kill one to save hundreds or kill hundreds to save one!" Luke said, enraged,"I can already tell you would never be a good leader."