9. Dating My Best Friend? Nah...

P E R C Y

My breath hitched and I tensed all over. Luke seemed to instantly know what it was, for he launched himself at Artemis. He quickly grabbed the knife, careful not to touch the blade, and brought it back over. He quickly stashed it somewhere safe and out of sight.

I calmed down a little and calmed myself. It took me a minute to be able to think straight before it clicked in my head. An enemy base with the blade. Someone a little stronger then me. Ancient. I looked at Artemis, who was glaring at Luke, "What about the monsters? Guards? Anything suspicious?" I asked her.

"Monster attacked me from left to right, guards were some minor gods, and anything suspicious. Hmm..." She had on a thoughtful look, "Well uh...yeah. There was this guy. He just watched me as I took it. I couldn't see him well, only his red eyes."

I bit the inside of my cheek trying not to gasp. It saw her take it. But- stop. Don't think about it. Think about the situation as a whole. It being there and watching her. Tartarus. The blade. Order. I fidgeted slightly in my seat and I avoided eye contact with anyone.

Surely you heard that right, I asked Chaos.

Yes, I did, he replied.

This confirms our suspicions. Order is rising and we can't stop it. He's building up his army. Do I tell them?

He was silent for a moment, If you feel like the time is right, but do you really want the campers to panic more?

"-ercy! Percy!" I was snapped out of my conversation by Luke. He gave me 'the look', "You know what it is. You have the look on your face that tells me you're talking to Chaos."

"I have a face for that?" I asked, curious as to what it looks like.

He rolled his eyes, "Yes. Now spill. What did you and Chaos discover."

"Swear on the River Styx that whatever I say in here, stays in here. Don't tell the campers," I glanced at Luke, "or the team."

They all swore on the River Styx, "Ok, so. When I was um...in Tartarus, he used that blade. End stone is extremely rare, only found in the deepest part of the universe. Tartarus couldn't have gotten there himself. Someone must've helped him. Well, they're working on trying to rise him, to release him from his cage. That 'someone' is Order, brother of Chaos, destroyer of universes. And he wants to crush this world to get revenge on Chaos." Everyone was speechless and their eyes were wide, "Did I mention he doesn't like me? No? Well, yeah. He tried killing me."

Everyone was shocked, "So....I'm gonna leave now." I left the Big House and made my way to the beach. Everybody glanced my way every now and then, but nothing I can't handle. I sat on the beach and relaxed.

"I know what you hear and see, Perseus." Fortiá said, coming out from underneath my hood.

I looked at him in shock, "Y-you did?"

"Yes. Don't let your fear take over your knowledge. If you were in any other persons body, you will see how much you changed. You are not Perseus. You are what it wants you to be. You need to face your fear. Your past. Don't let it take over because so far, it's winning. And everyone is noticing."

Realization dawned on me. I know what he means, but I can't. I'm too far deep. Nobody can save me. Ever.

"You're stupid if you think we'd forget about your name slip." Someone said, startling me. I turned around to see Athena and Hermes looking at me.

"What name slip?" I asked trying to act dumb.

"You know perfectly well what we mean." Hermes said.