Going up

The train is new and polished, nothing like the graffiti coloured train at Racter. This train is faster than anything I have ever ridden in. Clear blue skies stretch out as far as I can see, and sunlight streams into the train. The seats all face the front, there are no side seats. Odd. There are even seat belts. This is not New York. Where am I?

The whole train is empty except for me. Beside my seat are a black jacket and case. I lift the jacket up. In white stitches is Ada. I put it down. Inside the case is a smooth, metallic black computer. Am I in Hacker Academy? I stand up from my seat and walk to the other side of the train.

I'm not in an academy. I'm in a world. I look at the passing trees and skyscrapers. The buildings had screens with changing advertisements every moment. The streets are filled with people. I can make out some people wearing headphones and carrying their computers as the walk across the street.

The train dives down from the sky-high view and drives right beside the streets I was just looking at. The train zooms past the sidewalks and roads. People right beside the train don't even flinch. Their clothes are blown by a powerful gust of wind, but they continue typing.

The train starts to drive in a straight line, and it isn't as fast as before. All I can see are buildings. There's a very strange building. Two blue neon lines trail up to the top. It's one of the tallest buildings around the city. My eyes widen.

We're heading straight for it.
I look closer. The neon lines are train tracks.

"Crap, crap, crap." I try to fasten my seatbelt but my hands are so jittery I had the seatbelt on right before I go up.

My heart is pounding, my ears are stuffed. All I can see are the building and the blue skies. Where do the tracks end? The train is vibrating, the entire cart humming to the rhythm of the tracks. The wheels below are clattering, like it will break any second.

The train takes a sharp turn into the building.
It stops.