Irresistible Offer

After managing to slip out of the grasp of the crowd, I head over to the currency exchange machine to send money to mom and sister. I rub my eyes. However much exhilarating and fun the 2-hour hacking rush was, I will not do that again.

Like a zombie, I drag myself to the currency exchange machine and send a large amount of money to mom and sister. The machine does not show who the sender is, but I'm sure they have a good idea who the money is from. The corners of my mouth curve up into a slight smile. They'll be okay.

I'm just about to head back to the school when a deep voice scares me.

"950. Impressive. Except I was able to rank up by 100 in 1 day."

I cross my arms. "Don't get too cocky."

He doesn't say anything and just stares at me with a small smile. He's leaning on the other machine, with his arms crossed. His hair is getting longer, and his spiky bangs are almost covering his eyes.

"I hope you realize I'm just like every other hacker. I have no secret on beating you," I say.

He shrugs. "You were quite amazing today."

I look at him, confused. "I lost to that robot."

"Yeah, that was not amazing." His smile disappears when I glare at him. "I meant when you gave your rank up for the girl."

I look away. I don't know what to feel. I don't say anything because nothing comes into my mind. No comeback, no smart remark. Nothing. This may be the first time someone's complimented me on something other than my hacking skills.

I avoid his eyes. "Thank you."

"If you're going thank me at least do it with a smile." He gives me a wide grin like he's extremely amused with this. "The only time I've seen you smile was the moment you beat me."

I roll my eyes and smirk.

Cyber shakes his head. "That is nowhere near a smile."

"The next time you see me smile will be when I get your rank."

He raises his eyebrows. "You wish."

Cyber looks out to the city edged with the bright rays of the afternoon sun. He eyes me, and it seems like he finally realizes why I'm here.

"This is the 2nd time I've met you around here." He glances at the ATM before focusing on me with a smirk. "Seems like you need a lot of money."

"Please. Do I look like a spender?"

He studies me before responding with a no. "But you need money nonetheless. You could use some people to back you up."

My mind flashes back to meeting Cyber at the mall where he was competing with other hackers. Visions of middle-aged men waving their money in the air like betting on animals fighting fill me with disgust.

"I don't need to play for gamblers."

He laughs. "They're called investors. How about this? Go with me to the mall on Saturday, and I won't bother you again."

If people have lightbulbs over their heads when they get ideas, I have a bright LED light bulb like the kind HackCity uses. A grin spreads over my mouth.

"Then you won't ask questions?"

"No."

"You won't disturb my life?"

"No."

"You won't pop out from places and scare me shitless?"

"No, woman, no!" Cyber groans in frustration.

I smirk. "Deal."

I was almost about to laugh at Cyber when I see someone approaching. I squint to see a girl on heels, walking like a runway model over to us. Suddenly I didn't feel so happy anymore. When the girl comes closer, I realize it's Celestia.

"Looks like your girlfriend is here," I say to Cyber.

He turns around and sees the tall and beautiful Celestia with a shy smile at Cyber.

"Hi," she squeaks out.

Cyber nods at her. "Celestia."

She glances at me for a second before nudging her head the way she walked from. "Cyber is it alright if we talk over there...?"

Cyber scrunches his eyebrows in hesitation. "Actually, I'm still talking with A-"

"But we just finished talking, so do whatever you want with him," I quickly say and start walking away. I make my way over to Hacker Academy, feeling light and happy.

On Saturday, I'll make Cyber shut his mouth once and for all.