Fuzzy Thoughts

It's Saturday, and I can't believe I'm sitting right in front of Cyber at a dinner table under the night sky. The glowing stars above almost pass as sparkling diamonds, and I feel like I don't belong under somewhere as beautiful as this.

~~~

This afternoon, I was about to leave the HackCity mall when Cyber reminded me of our deal. Spending the entire day with him.

So instead of going back to Hacker Academy and hacking, I was stuck in the food court eating steak. With Cyber. I will admit, the steak tasted really good. The tenderness was just right and not dry at all. Cyber says its 5-star steak, and by the taste, I believe him.

The food court was bustling with people, and it was awkward how the two of us were the only ones eating quietly. Cyber tried a few times to ask about how I was doing in school, but it was so loud he couldn't hear what I said. So that concluded our awkward lunch.

After that, Cyber decided to go downstairs and look at the stores. Turned out, it was swimming with people there too. We had to move side to side in order to dodge the pushing crowd. Cyber became a pretty good shield since he was so tall, so I ended up walking closely behind him.

The computer store was stocked with every single gadget I've seen in New York and more. They had the new Flash 2.0, displayed in the centre of the store in all its brilliance.

I held up a new computer that was as thin as cardboard. "Really?"

Cyber smirked as he took it from my hands. "There's going to be a better one. HackTech will be releasing their best invention yet this winter."

Crossing my arms, I smiled. "And where'd you get that information?"

"It was easy to hack them. Keep up with the news, Ada." Cyber laughed and walked out of the store. I rolled my eyes and hurriedly followed after him.

My favourite store was H-Gear. The store was dark, and only the display cases and the watches themselves were neon glow-in-the-dark. I pressed my face against the glass case.

A pearly white watch turns around on the glass rotator, showing its shiny gadgets. It was beautiful, and I couldn't peel my eyes away from the watch.

"'Scuse me," Cyber said from behind me. He gestured to the lady behind the counter.

"Can we take a look at this one?"

Opening the glass case, the lady hands the watch to me. I hold it delicately, afraid the fragile thing will shatter under my grasp. I double tap the glass interface and the glass projects a holographic screen.

"It's motion sensor," the lady said kindly.

I swiped to the left, and the screen displayed different features. Camera, phone, notes, and even a special screen showing the world hacker charts. Cyber was still hacker number 1. As I scrolled through the charts, I saw my ranking. 950. I will get to the top someday.

"Do you like it?" Cyber asked.

"Yeah, it's cool." I took a quick glance at the price in the glass case. 1000 hackcoins.

"Well, not that cool." I quickly handed the watch back to the lady and pulled Cyber out of the store. "Let's go look at something else."