Becoming A Prince?

'Come....Forest...Forest....Prince...
Help...Us..Hiccup...Help Us! '

I shot out of Toothless embraces. It's the voices again.My body....it can't...stop shaking. I clutched to Toothless hoping that I didn't wake him with my outburst. His steady breathing claimed my nerves. At least he can sleep a little longer.

These voices were very persistent with me going to the forest. I might as well see what so urgent to make my body uncontrollably shake. I lifted Toothless's wing to see wake time it was, it's night, so I slept for a whole day. Great....Dads going to kill me.

My thoughts traveled to the forest. I gently nudged Toothless to get up. If I'm going to the forest I want my best friend to come with me.

He grown in irritation for a rude awakening. He looked at me with tired questionable eyes. I smiled softy towards him.

" The voices want me to go the forest bud. I don't think they'll stop until I
do. " I explained.

He nudged his head between my arms.  His way of a hugging me. I hugged him back wanting nothing more then to return to a normal life. He knew the voices were causing me to become ill. Always wake me up with a scream and shaking. He worries about me constantly. With my little sleep my work was slipping. I was even sent home because of it, missed a morning flight. A rarity and a good sign that something was terribly wrong with me.

" Come on bud, I still owe you a fight for dragging you here. " I urged, walking to the door.

Toothless was right behind me happy that we were going on a night flight. We misted our morning flight so I owe him. I jumped on the saddle, taking off into the sky's. We flew around the forest searching for any spot that called out to me.

An hour went by and we decided to go to the cove for a brake. Once we landed I gave him a scratch on his favorite spot on his chin. Causing him to flop to the over grown happy kitten he is.

I laughed at my friends attempt to get up. He looked like a drunk. Watching him I notice a blue light glowing by the lake. I turned my attention to it, memorized by the phenomenon. Before us was a beautiful dragon. Wings that appear to stretched endlessly . It's glowing body covered the inter lake with its tail flopping out of the deeper end of the pond.

The dragons face was as big as me. It came closer, looking me in the eyes. Forest green met translucent purple slits. Toothless didn't like how close the dragon was to me. He started to growl edging closer to me. The dragon turned its attention to Toothless.

They appeared to be having a conversation of some kind, cause Toothless stance was less on edge. He still curled to me towering over me protectively.

' Thank you for coming. '

My eyes widen. The voices were coming from this dragon. They weren't voices at all. Just calls like a cry for help. They didn't hurt or over barring like last time. Reminds me of a mother's lullaby.

" Who are you? " I asked, mesmerized with the dragon's beauty.

' I am known by many names. One would be Queen of dragon next to my beloved mate the King. ' The dragon answered.

" Then what do you want with me? " I asked.

Her expiration softened ' Along ago dear Prince. We dragons ruled this world. We lived in peace for many years, until your kind attacked us seeking our land. Many of my children die protecting our home. My sisters... crazed with power, fight for total dominance. You, dear Prince, killed my last sister. '

I looked down to the ground. I killed this dragons sister. I wanted to say sorry for what I've done but she was controlling....eating other dragons. Something had to be done.

' I see your conflicted about killing my sister. Not to worry Prince, my sister killed my children out of spite of me. I should be thanking you. You brought my children to safely. ' She said, nuzzling me a little.

I was completely shocked that the Queen would thank me for killing a dragon, a sibling no less. I hugged her snout. She was shocked but purred nuzzling me further. After we broke out embrace. I turned to petted Toothless to tell him I still love him, he is my first and only best friend.

' Prince, I led you here to become part of my family. You crossed the boundary between the two worlds of Dragon and Human. As such a accomplishment I wish to give you a gift. '

I took a step back, all of this is overwhelming. This dragon is thanking me for everything I did for her hatchlings. I didn't expect my actions were so....welcomed. Everyone was ready to kill me for befriending Toothless. I guess those thoughts and action haven't left my system totally. Expecting to wake up at any moment with Toothless gone.

She smiled pushing me towards the lake with her snout and neck until I was direct under her shoulders.

' The gift I will be giving you will be rather painful, but I want you to promise me that you won't show anyone these gifts. Especially your fellow humans. ' She said sternly.

I nodded " I promised. "

She nodded positioning herself to stand on her back legs. She picked me up as gently as possible for a large claw. Her claw held me right by her snout. I prepared myself for the pain. I never imagine that she would shoot a plasma blast threw my chest. The pain was instant, my screams would've been heard from the village had it not been muffled by Toothless road.

The Queen set me down next to Toothless, I couldn't move. My body won't respond I was slipping away, black spots started to appear in my vision. Toothless to emendate action and wrapped himself around me. I was tired, so very tired.

' Prince, Your power is untrained. Run Prince, run when your emotions are boiling. Run and never look back. '
_________________________

Chapter two done!

I'm open to comments and corrections. No ones perfect, let's be real here.

Again shout out to NeonPinkBlackRose . The original story enthusiast for this book.

See you guys next chapter!