Valka

This will be a half Chapter since its short

- Valka's POV - 

I couldn't believe my eyes, my baby boy, Hiccup took after me. It's been so long and I can only imagine how hard it must've been to think the same way I did. Yet somehow I can feel the experience made him strong. His connection to the Nightfury is far deeper than I could ever accomplish with Cloudjumper. Even the dragons changed around him with the short amount of time he was here. Just subtle changes, when he walk they would ever so slightly bow their heads to him, and while he only nodded. Just what is my little boy to these marvelous creatures? Treating him with such respect, even the sick and untamable seemed to be cured to his touch. I could see the discuss in his eyes, and how cold they were when his fingers trace over scars from the trappers under Drago. 

" Drago's trappers work. " 

He turned slightly started by my presence. " Trappers? " He questioned in a near whisper.

He looked so out of touch with the world, but his world was with them. I could see it. His gentle touch along the dragon's snout. Soothing the creature with murmurs and soft airy growls. I filled my heart to know how much he cared. 

" Drago want's to create an army of dragons. Trapping them against their will. " I touched the dragon's scar, and it seemed not to like me as much as him. " I do my best and under the protection of the King, but not all dragon's come back the same. " He seemed to listen. I waited for a moment, it may be too soon to ask, but still.. " I'm heading out. Would like to come? " 

He nodded to my offer, getting up, I never wanted this reunion to be uncomfortable. I understand that he needs time to adjust, but the silence is a bit surprising. Then again he's always been an unpredictable child. 

*****

Watching them fly is another experience. Hiccup flew his dragon as if he were one. Just how much trust did he earn?  No, I must remain focus, but it seems Hiccup took the lead flying ahead of all of us. The others quickly followed struggling to catch up to his speed. Simply incredible. He started to stand, the red tailfin from before: it's changed. Witchcraft?  Was it on our side? I didn't see Hiccup on the dragon's back and we neared the post. The dragons cries were clear through the fog. They were in pain...

They needed help if only we could've reached them sooner the King could heal their tortured thoughts. The dragons...were unexcitingly calm. Listening to the commands of Hiccup's Nightfury. So young and able to command the others with experience. They dipped with the Nightfury using the fog to our advantage. They dipped out continuously, those netted easily coming back to us, but it wasn't enough. Even with the commands of the Nightfury we were losing numbers. They were well equipped we will not leave them. The Alpha will save them.

But where?  

A black shadow darkened the fog coving the land. It's growls sounded for Thor's lightening. Another Nightfury. Such an enormous body the nets simply bounced off his beautiful back scales. They couldn't find anything to latch onto. Green eyes looked down to those they have taken even the hatchlings that were chased inside. This dragon looked displeased releasing a breath of plasma. Everything set a blaze. With all this fire not even a ounce of satisfaction came to the creatures eyes. The fog swirled into a true storm and Thor happily gave his lighting to this creature. His mouth filled with the lighting scales holding a green glow. From it's mouth came the power of the God of thunder himself. The shockwave along had me gripping Cloudjumper. The destruction this creature brought, this Nightfury brought, I am thankful this creature of Thor was siding with us. It's massive form swallowed the base. The tail assisting with the bases destruction, jaws ripping away the metal. A gentle sense came over the giant. The growl remained to challenge the trappers daring them to make a move to stop him from freeing the others. Thor's power struck down the creatures back and the base came crumbling down as the dragon's took two the skies. The wounded on its back and the hatchling around the poor dragon. It joined our numbers nodding to his head to me. Surprising as it may be I bowed to this friendly creature. 

" Thank you. " 

It puffed its smoke towards me I guess it understood my gratitude. I returned the favor showing him the way to our safe heaven. The storm all but a memory and the base nothing but a distant nightmare. The wounded welcomed this creature blackened wings as he landed on the ice platform the king created while we were away. It's wings curved around them, protecting them, green lightly pulsed within its little cave. Unfolding its wings. 

They're....healed..

All their wounds. Their missing limbs. Completely gone. 

Even such a amazing action the creature look so frail. No doubt it took a toll on this magnificent creature. I moved towards it's snout remaining on Cloudjumper's back. 

" You did your part. Rest, your in great care. " 

It's eyes shinned with gratitude soothed to my words. It's tail hanged off, dipping into the waters below. With this creature, and the white king we can finally beat Drago. It was a sign. This war will favor dragon kind. 

" How was it Hiccup? " I turned, but he wasn't beside me. " Hiccup? " His dragon me a look I've never seen within a dragon. Very opinionated that one. " Hmm, must be why they get along so well... " 

If the dragon isn't worried about my son's absence then neither shall I. They looked inseparable and I doubt the Nightfury would ever leave him. There was something else that shinned in my son's Nightfury when he moved towards other. An almost relief puff came from the dragon. The tiered eyes of a leader drained to a child's. It was then I released how young this dragon was. 

" Marvelous... " 

The creature huffed at my comment, curling its snout under its wing, amused by my words. The Nightfury snuggled with the other both seemed to be lively talking amongst themselves. Stopping when the king puffed a cloud towards the creature's tail. It's snout moved away from its wing puffing a cloud of smoke towards the king.

Is he rejecting the hospitality? 

No...merely talking for a few minutes more everything settled. Sometimes I wish I could understand them. My son seemed to do so. My baby boy. Having the gift of a true dragon born, but a heart of a chief. Just like his father. Its nice to see my love could sneak in his kind heart into our son, but he got my  soul. A soul of an adventurer and free spirited, something Stoick knew so much in our youth.

I wonder how long has it been exactly?

Twenty years? 

It's hard to keep track when a parent doesn't remember their own child's age after so long. 

Hmm... Maybe I'll ask him in the morning.