Lies for Protection

( Astrid's POV )
- Morning -

The sun woke me from my slumber with its warm light. I rolled out of bed seeing Stormfly waiting for me outside. She squawked in her way of saying ' Good Morning ' as she stared at me threw my bedroom window.

" Hey girl, ready for some flying? " I asked petting her snout.

She rustled her spikes squawking for a second time. I took that as a yes and hopped right on threw my window. We took off into the sky's for our usually tricks and flips, nothing like Hiccups displace but close enough for second. I could never be as good as hiccup, it's like his one with Toothless. Complete trust in each other, something I can't do with Stormfly.

The tension between Vikings and Dragons will always be there but with hiccup, who couldn't attack or had that killing drive, stepped into their world leaving us behind. We always ask him for help because of the lack of trust to settle it our selves.

" Hey Astrid! "

I turned to see the gang flying towards me. They look like they just woke up, it seems Hiccup is the only morning person.

" Hey Fishlegs! What's up? " I asked.

He looked nervous " Well, we can't find Hiccup. He's usually back from his morning flights by now. " he commented.

I looked up to the clouds turning Stormfly for a full circle. I couldn't see any black in the morning sky. Maybe he's out farther then last time? Hiccup does that from time to time ever since The Battle of The Red Death Hiccup would spend more time flying then actual talking. What's up with that?

" He may be out farther this time around. Tell you what if he's not back my noon we'll look for him. " I replied.

" Ok! " Fishlegs said in a brighter mood.

" With that settled how about a race. Me and Hookfang will lap circles around you guys. " Snotlout said in his usual cocky tone.

" Your on. " I smiled.

I took off before Snotlout was ready. He screamed that I cheated by a early start but the guy needs to be ready at all times. Besides Hiccup always wins these races. Having a nightfury by his side in all.

- Six Hours Later -------------------------

" Ha! I win. " I cheered.

Our little race turned into a game of stunts. We preformed backflips, spirals, dives all in the good name of fun. The time went back so quickly that it was already noon, and Hiccup still hadn't returned. Not a single sighting of him during our six hours of fun.

" Guys, hate to kill the fun. But maybe we should look for Hiccup. " Fishlegs said.

" He's right. Hiccup had more enough time to get back. He wouldn't take off for a whole day without telling us or his dad. " I agreed.

" I'm in! " the twins said in unison.

I rolled my eyes seeing as they started another fight. Those two will kill each other before they react to adulthood. Thor nows they almost lost all amounts of brain cells they have left.

" Let's go. " I ordered, turning to the once play I new they love to go. The cove.

We flew low to see the forest better until the chief called us over. He looked frustrated and worried. Must be about Hiccup.

" Hey Chief. " I greeted.

" Have any of you seen Hiccup? " he asked.

" No we're about to start searching for him. " I answered.

He nodded stomping away to conduct a search of his own. At least we can rule out that Hiccup isn't home. I flew off towards the cove once again ordering the others to follow. We arrived at the cove less then five minutes. We searched the area for any signs of Hiccup.

" Guys over here! " Snotlout called.

I ran over to him to find Toothless unconscious. Snotlout tried to wake him but nothing worked the dragon was out. I looked for hiccup but didn't see him. I thought about him being in Toothless just like The Red Death. Carefully I lifted Toothless's wing, I was right. Hiccup laid in the center of Toothless's body wrapped in his claws. I couldn't see hiccup all to well with all the black scales. I couldn't tell if he was injured or not, and thing that sets up apart. I shook my head I couldn't think about that. Not right now at least.

" There both here! " I called out putting the wing back down.

" Snotlout, think Hookfang could carry Toothless without dropping Hiccup? " I asked.

Snotlout pulled a smug look " Hookfang? He can carry Toothless no problem. My cousin won't be drop, I'll make sure of that. "

I nodded mounting Stormfly as Snotlout mounted Hookfang. Carefully Hookfang lifted Toothless limped body back to the village. Stoic practically ran to us once he saw Toothless unconscious.

" Where's my son?! " he demanded.

" Toothless has him safe in his arms. " I answered.

Stoic looked like he was going to tear Toothless apart to get his son. Gothi arrive shorty to help pry Hiccup from Toothless by making a herbal remedy to wake up Toothless. The tonic smelled fowl, like rotten fish. It sure did the job. Toothless head was up faster then lighting. He sneezed the tonic out of his noise rubbing it agents his wings.

Toothless looked around for a minute searching for someone, Hiccup. He wined a bit not seeing him but a low moan came from his wig. His ears stood straight up as he inspected his wing. His mood brighten as his head disappeared into his wings. Toothless's soothes and occasional growling were all that we could hear, at least he's waking up hiccup.

" What happened? " hiccups muffled voice came threw.

Toothless got excited when Hiccup woke up and started to nudge him up by his head. I smiled hearing Hiccups complaints of being comfortable. It's good to know that there was no lasting damage.

" What?! Toothless~ oh come on. " Hiccup wined.

Toothless unwrapped his wings for hiccup to get out. He was covered in slime. He looked at Toothless in a irritated but happy way as he tried to whip off the silva.

" You know that doesn't wash out. " he said flicking away silva from his hands back at Toothless.

" Hiccup. " Stoic called.

Hiccup became a statute hearing his name. He turned to face his father slowly as possible.

" Hey dad. " he answered.

" What happened? You and Toothless were unconscious when Astrid and the other's found you. " Stoic asked pulling Hiccup into a hug.

I could see the look on his face. It was full of worry. Just what happened in that cove? I glared at him telling Hiccup that I will found out what happened. He looked terrified.

" Nothing happened dad. Me and toothless just crashed after a long morning flight after visiting Gothi's. " he answered.

I didn't see the sighs that he was lying, with was his usual hand behind his head. He looked at stoic with no fear like he usually does when he's lying.

Stoic sigh pinching his noise to stop one of his famous headaches. " Alright, next time tell me were your going. And your grounded, literally. No flying. "

Hiccup looked so broken. Everyone new if you want to cause Hiccup trouble or give him a punishment just take away flying. Hiccup backed up agents Toothless. He flashed a bit of anger towards stoic. He hopped onto Toothless flying up into the sky's before stoic could grab him. That didn't mean that stoic screamed at him.

Just what's going on with you hiccup? You never act like this.