Walking with Death

Sorry for not updating sooner. Fair warning this chapter is a bit...detailed. If your sensitive to gore then might want to skip this chapter.

If you don't care then enjoy!
________________________

( Normal POV )

Inferno took them to his island. Greeted by waterfalls, lush green grass covered by trees. Standing tall and strong agents the dragons flying over them. Mountains forming a ring around the island having snow appear at the tops of them.

They landed in the center of the island near a pond. Nightmares of all different sizes and coloring greeted them. Toothless grew weary longer they greeted each one. He noticed Hiccups change in mood. The air around him reeked of death...it scared him.

" My fellow Nightmares. Know is not the time for formalities. Our Prince will soon awaken from his human form! We must gather the healers to make his transformation a peaceful one. " Inferno announced.

The Nightmares looked at each other before scattering around the island. Some to the forest some to the mountains. Most took the the sky's. Inferno lead hiccup to a cave hallowed out from the mountains.

There a bed with assorted wools and scales laid on a slap of rock. It looked big enough for a dragon to lay on.

" I'm sorry if it's not to your liking my prince. But it's what we came up with in the short period of time. " Inferno apologized.

Hiccup smiled, rubbing his snout.
" You don't need to apologize. You should know by now. I'm happy that I have a bed in general..remember we used to sleep on the floor during the first couple of weeks. "

Inferno nodded brushing up agents him. He pushed hiccup to the bed having him lay on it. They waited for the healers to arrive before Inferno forced the transformation finding it to be the safest option then having it come natural. That way Hiccup had a fighting chance.

They didn't wait long until three elder dragons flew into the cave. One had earthy toned scales taller then the other two but shorter then Inferno. The other two beside the elder looked younger, twins in fact, both having purply-grey scales.

The elder moved next to Hiccups right side motioning Toothless to accompany Hiccups lift.

" Your brother will need help once the process is beyond mental stability. Your strong bond and memories are the only things that will save him when he will not remember himself. " The elder instructed.

Toothless nodded laying his head towards Hiccup's hand. Wishing to the gods that Hiccup would survive this. The elder gave Inferno his permission to start the transformation. Turning to the other two in the room, giving them last minute instructions.

" Hiccup I'm going to force a sleeping spell on you. Are you ready? " Inferno asked.

Hiccup nodded, bracing himself.

Inferno crossed his wings together gathering a green miss across them. He waved it over Hiccups body. Slowly Hiccups eyes shut, breathing slowed to a steady pace. Moving his missing wings Inferno gather his flame producing a blue flame like when they first met.

Hiccups body responded to the flame glowing bright blue for catching fire himself. Inferno closed his eyes in concentration resonating his flame with Hiccups. The two flames slowly traveled to each other locking with a explosion of flame causing a bonfire.

Inferno's body was covered in flame like Hiccups his eyes opened reviling nothing but white. He looked over to Toothless shooting his flame upon him. Instead of Inferno's body flaming Toothless body was.

" The connection is complete. You and Hiccup are one. Brace yourself Nightfury. You will feel his pain for a brief period of time. " Inferno warned, gather a white ball of fire.

He fired the blast on Hiccup. At first nothing happened Toothless couldn't feel anything from the blast. Then the buzzing settled in changing to a stinging. Stinging to burning. Toothless roared in pain as Hiccups flames coated the room in blue light expanding farther then the bed.

It lifted them into the air with Toothless curled above Hiccup. Creaking of human bone echoed threw the cave, snapping like a twig. Reforming in Toothless image. Hiccups skin burned away leaving a horrified image of reforming mussel coving a even more horrifying image over organs being burned away and replaced by sufficient dragon ones. Ones able to stand agents Hiccups flame.

The burned flesh recoated the newly formed mussel in black coloring. It changed to scales forming a protective layer over the mussel, completing its job. Inferno watched waiting for Hiccup to wake up at any minute for the final stage. The final sage was life or death. It was up to both of them if Hiccup should live or die. As of right know he had no control.

The claws started to set in with no sight of Hiccups tail or wings appearing. A load crushing accrued causing the four dragons to flinch. It was the last of hiccups bone being grounded down to become his structure for his tail and wings. The bone started to rip threw his shoulders and the human tail bone. Forming a frighting skeleton slowly being coated in muscle and tissues.

Hiccups dragon face hitched together, mouth opening and closing wanting to scream out. Finding his vocals haven't reformed like the rest of him. His head shot up, eyes wide open in pain. His teeth changed into fanged, tongue slit in two. Stitching itself together into a snakes image.

Hiccups voice returned to him roaring out in pain as his wings were finally finished. His screams reached new octaves as his tail started to attach itself to his body. Moving freely as the tissues formed the last of his tail fin. His breathing came in gasps, glaring that Inferno with his human eyes.

They change next. He cried blood as his eyes expanded to fit his new eye socket, pupil slitting. The was barely any white showing as the last of his transformation completed.

The flames settled them down on the bed wrapped in each other's warmth before extinguishing. Inferno sighed, waiting for the elders verdict. The elder waved his caw over the pair both glowed green signaling perfect health.

" A success. It's up to his brother to guide his memory. " The elder stated, leaving the room. " My students will stay and watch over them. You have other matters to attend to. "

" Of course. Please take great care of them. " Inferno replied, turning to the twins before departing.

The twins did as there teacher asked of them. Walking over the pair. It was hard to look away at the magnificent rare sight of two Nightfuries held close together. The offspring of lighting and death itself...didn't look all that terrifying anymore.