Training Til The End

He turned to his island as the moon settled in the sky blending perfectly within nightly hour. Carefully he landed himself on the beach tail still swirling within the ocean's tide. He looked to his form feeling like his old self. His eyes returned their childishly curious nature, but deep within those emeralds a leader slumbered. Waiting for the right moment to shine through. His eyes caught a slight change, thinking he was the same size as before, but his wings show the change perfectly. 

How do I change back?  He wondered, the ocean answering his untold question.

Streams of water swirled around him, encasing his body, soothing him enough to close his eyes. Within the water his body shrunk down and Hiccup returned to the earthy world. Tan as ever and hair remained hobbit like. He took a breath loosing his balance for a moment coughing up the water he accidentally swallowed. His eyes caught his reflection starting to touch his face. His freckles...they became darker. He somehow felt taller, stronger, he felt like the Viking his father always wanted.  And yet. He looked the same, in a matter of speaking, the same old Hiccup. The wind, harshly cold, bright his mind to one fact. 

One embarrassing fact. 

He was naked. Completely and utterly naked. He quickly tried to cover himself, to have a scrap of dignity left, but he was really scraping the bottom of the barrel here. 

" Great.... " He muttered to himself, bashful. " Just great. " 

" Hiccup! " 

He stiffened to the call, backing into the freezing salty water. Better that then be caught naked. " Oh, the gods hate me. " He grumbled shivering. 

" This is where you where?!  "  Toothless yelled, furious. " You know how much everyone was worried! " 

" What? I was only gone for a few hours. " Hiccup comely replied. Toothless huffed moving closer to the ocean's sandy line, pushing him out with his head. Then noticed the lack of clothes on the bank then looked to his brother. 

" Hiccup. "  Toothless called looking between the two. " Where are you clothes? " He asked, terrified of the answer. 

" Well.... " Hiccup reasoned, trying to grasp as to why he was missing clothes. Simply coming up with " It's a long story. " 

Toothless huffed " Then make it short. "  He snapped. 

" A Skrill helped heal me. " He shortened. " I feel better then ever! " He cheered, excited. " Only.... " 

" Your clothes didn't transfer with you? "  Toothless snorted. He rolled his eyes pushing Hiccup further out of the water covering the boy up with his tail. He was able to get Hiccup back to the cave with out any embarrassing conversation with the other dragons. Luckily it was night out so everyone was resting. Toothless finally had enough pushing Hiccup towards his room. " Now put some pants on! "  He ordered, standing guard. 

Hiccup chuckled, amused swirling with his embarrassment, getting dressed as Toothless ordered. He looked around for a shirt frustrated when he couldn't find one. He held up the item exclaiming his happiness to find it before slipping it on as well. Adjusted the pieces finally able to join his brother's side with some decency. With Hiccup by Toothless the boy could clearly see the anger written on the black scales. He chuckled nervously ready for the scolding of a lifetime, but nothing, only silence. It was worse then being scolded, just deafening silence, incredibly acquired as well. Hiccup just wanted something. Anything! Toothless continued to ignore him eying the stars with mild interest. Hiccup gave up. He plopped down and tucked his knees into his chest: moping. Never had simple silence made him feel completely abandoned and alone. The silence tore at his heart. It started to crack seeing Toothless actually abandon him for the village. He could hear it's cracks start to splinter ready to shatter his human heart, but Toothless returned with Inferno. If Toothless wasn't going to scold him Inferno most currently would. Hiccup slowly looked up his hair shielding his eyes. Body ready for the harsh words of worry. Ready for Inferno; again, he was met with nothing. Hiccup could see the rage swirling in Inferno's eyes. He never seen such a bright color within the dragon's eyes before, but there was something within them as well. Something Hiccup couldn't figure out. Sadness? Regret? It didn't look right, if anything Inferno looked at peace. The dragon noticed the change within Hiccup, how bright Hiccup's own eyes shimmered against the moon light. The scolding would wait for another time. Within his mind something troubled him more, and he must tell the boy.