Lovers Once Again

" Oh~ " Ruffnut marveled. 

" Forget the big Nightfury look at this destruction! " Tuffnut agreed, on the edge of his saddle. 

The two clearly not helping. Astrid rolled her eyes to their stupidity starting to catch the difference within the ice. From the shard tower before to natural appearence. She moved closer, hulting her movement, cut off by the very rider they followed. Toothless hissed at them about to attack when his eyes widdened. He remembered them. Astrid smiled hearing his happy rumbles. Something his understand touching the top of Toothless's head. 

A connection beyond our own.... Astrad thought trying to suppress a smile. " It's been awhile Hiccup. " She smugly greeted. 

Hiccup looked a her " I always have my reasons. " He stated. Green eyes glimmering into her own. Both had dramatically changed, but still kept their childish charm. Hiccup smiled, covered by his mask, honestly happy to see his friends after so many years. " But it's nice to see you. " He spoke, surpressing his longing. He had so many questions about Berk. About his father. About the dragon. He wanted to know it all.He turned Toothless around. " Come on, It's warmer under the King's care. " 

Astrid didn't hesitate to follow his lead. She had found him and she will never let him go. After all the trouble he cause her, she wanted pay back...but she always understood him better than the others since their first ride. She stepped up in his absence hoping the dragons would respect her enough to listen to her, it was rocky, but they managed tought it. Dragons now enchanced the village instead of damage it. She couldn't wait to show Hiccup all the wounders they brought to their little village. She wanted to bring him home. 

" Are we seriously trusting this guy? " Snotlout whispered, skeptical. 

" It's Hiccup. " Astrid answered with no doubt in her tone. She looked to Toothless's tail and harness, more importantly to Hiccup's prosthetic hand made leg. " It's him. " She continued to back up her claim. " No one can make a dragon fly again but him. " Her voice was absolute with her answer. " Take the twins with you and tell Stoick the happy news. " 

Snotlout turned his back towards the rides not buying Hiccup was the man infront of them. It was there tough: the proof. Unquestinable trust with Hiccup's movements and scarcastic mannerisum. The dragon he road. The complicated harness around Toothless's black scales. Snotlout was happy to leave. It made it all the more depressing to say and watch as Hiccup moved his way back into the limelight. He was used to it. Used to the shadows within Hiccup's light. It was Snotlout's job to help around, that included chieftain duties. He didn't like the orders, wanting to be his own man, but he changed. He wasn't the same as before, he didn't want the title of Cheif he so proudly proclaimed in his youth. He finally saw the village through a Chief's eyes, Hiccup's and Stoick's eyes, it wasn't a title he should hold. He admitted long ago his mind was meant for the small things, fighting things, he was bred to be a selfloving warror. Snotlout wasn't a leader. He will argue. He will state his opinion, but he will never question the authority of the cheif. Never again. Everyone else took Hiccup's absense to improve themselves, and learned the same lesson. Hiccup had more responisiblity and an image to uphold. Leaving said image for the people, to protect all of them. It was something only a chief could understand, who Stoick understood. 

******

Astrid smiled to Hiccup's talk marvling at the knowledge he acquired in his disapperence. It wasn't the only thing that kept her staring. She saw how Hiccup held himself. How he walked. How he spoke. It reminded her of Stoick. His gestures could move even the toughest of Vickings to war or setlle a dispute with amatter of his words. His muscle wasn't nessary. Hiccup was smart. Something Vickings lacked. Astrid knew the dragon's saw this within Hiccup as well. When he walked by they bowed their head to him. It was an untold blond that she couldn't begin to understand. She was a Vicking turned to a Dragon rider. Hiccup was a Dragon rider. It infuritated her that Hiccup upped her, but she was out of her element. Dragon's is were Hiccup strived, surrounded by these instinct driven creatures is where Hiccup saw comfort. Hiccup listened to Fishlegs rambles and old folk tales of dragons. He was interested, more then a simple target, while she. Ever eager wanted to prove her worth amongst dragon killers. He wanted to abondon the Vicking way. She embraced it.