Distant Memory

- Hiccup's POV -

I'm glad mom's has such a deep trust in the dragon ways. It would be incredibly hard to explain my absense while dealing with the trappers. I don't know what came over me. All I could feel was anger, but their pain still ringed in my ears. I could hear each of them cry out. Even if they weren't calling out my name they silled out for someone to help them with such desperation. I remember my mother's face when she marveled at my appearence, but nothing more. The outpost was completely destoryed and the dragons along my back disappeared while I slept. I couldn't remember how I got back, or what I did after, but I'm glad Toothless was with me. He makes everything feel like home. Without him it would be lonely and I would be back on berk.

The war still going on. 

Man, it's been awhile since I've seen the village. I wounder how Aires is doing? The last time I saw her...She was covered in blood...Alvin's men. 

Wait! If she wasn't on the island then she must be alright!  She must still be back on Berk! 

She must've found a rider to call her own. I'm so happy. 

I wish...I wish

I wish I could've been there to see the bond. What her rider was like and who was unlucky enough to deal with her sass. I sat up seeing Toothless and the other's still resting. The King still awake, alwasy watching. So this is where my bath stops. 

For the moment at least. 

I walked over to him. We are over due for a proper conversation anyway. He looked over to me slowly making his way to meet me. 

" Young Prince. "  He greeted, just as he did when I first arrived.

I bowed my head " You majesty. "  He seemed surprised for me to speak their tongue, but amused nonetheless. 

" I see my mate has taken her time grooming you. "  He stated. " Though, I am a stricker teacher then she. " 

I couldn't help but chuckle " I never trained under her, she had a Monstrous Nightmare train me until the island fufliffed its purpose. "  It's still a sore spot for me to talk about, but it's good I can at leat say something about it even if I'm sad. I know I need to move on, but the island hold tightly to my heart. They're a closed chapter in my life. I have to look ahead hoping they're still watching and guiding me on the right path. 

" I see why she chose you to be our prince. "  He spoke, catching my attention. " Your eyes shine of a natural born leader, yet still hold a youths eternal glow. It's something that we of royal blood loose over tiem, but you. "  He paused, looking over me. " I doubt you will ever lose this glow. It burns far too bright for it to be soaked by the waters of adulthood. " 

I smiled at his priase. I hope this comes true, not being able to explore seems almost boring. " I'm glad you don't hate me or her decision... " 

" When she first told me of this I was furious. "  He commented, I bowed my head. " But. "  He lingered. " I was wrong. " 

I looked up, bewildered by the king apologizing to somebody like me. I'm considered a royal sure, but to have a king from birth admit and accept my existence. 

Just...wow

" I watched you while you were with your human mother. I seems that you aren't fully aware of your actions. For now we will make do, but later it will be your downfall. You must control your other half so your human side can protect it from the call royals produce. Just because you are a prince doesn't exempt you from this law. All dragon's bend to a King's rule. "  He warned.