Life is A Precious Thing

I got back with the Dragon Tonic. Aires looked worse then when I left. Her breathing started to slow becoming shallow. I started to cook the petals with my flame. They need to be golden brown before I crush them into a paste.

The cooking process took little time. I had the paste done in a minute. I had to start with the gashes. Gothi did a amazing job patching her up, but this will add to it. She squeaked as I rubbed the paste on her wounds. I hushed her patting her spikes down.

She quieted down after all the paste was on her wounds. It made a brown spot on her body. I covered it with the bandages. Those will scar, if she survives. If only I gotten here sooner she would've been in better condition. The medicine can only do so much. It's up to her if she wants to continue to live.

I patted her snout " Rest well Aires. You deserved it. " I said walking over to Toothless.

He nuzzled me knowing that I was upset. I hugged him fighting back tears.

" You did the best you could think of
hiccup. " He said.

" She's dying bud. If we left sooner the tonic would've healed her by now. " I replied.

" It's not your fault. You couldn't have know this would happen. " He conferred me.

" But I sent her out. It's my fault. " I replied.

His head layers on my shoulders with his wings wrapped around me. " You did know Hiccup, this morning she was happy to deliver that message. She loves doing her job. " He comforted.

He can try to tell me other wise, but I new. I new I was the cause of Aires getting hurt. I did my part, I have to watch her fight it out. I will stand by her side until she gets better. At least until tonight.

" Alright bud, let's go see the village. There probably in the training arena. " I said looking back to the houses.

Aires landed on the cliff on the outskirts of the island so everyone wouldn't see us land. Toothless nodded walking beside me. I wasn't in the mood to make a germanic entrance. The villager's didn't notice me at first since they were busy storing before the frost sets in. It was until the dragon's started going nuts around me is when they noticed.

" Hiccup! Your back! "

" Yay! Hiccup's back! "

Were all cheers from them. The hatchling tackled me licking every part of my face. Toothless looked so amused, that until they started to do the same to him.

" No~ it was funny when it was just you! " He yelled running way.

" Get him! " The hatchlings yelled.

The whole village watched Toothless run down to the docks. They looked confused seeing him, I would be to. Seeing a Nightfury run in the village that hasn't been seen in a month. I laughed petting Stormfly. The gangs Dragons were all here. The circled me bowed with there wings spread to the floor. The others followed with the exception of the ones who were by the other villagers to which slightly bowed.

" Geez, you guys take royalty to a whole new level. " I said petting Barf and Belch.

" But of course, you gave us a home. Freed us from our prison. We would do anything for you Hiccup. You being a Prince just adds to how special you are to us. " Hookfang answered nuzzling me.

The others purred in agreement. I thanked all of them and gave each one of them equal amount of attention. Meatlug was the first to faint from my scratching. She just loves to be scratched.