Flips and Traps

Toothless decided to give me enough rest today. It's weird change of heart from him. I'm used to the growling or whining in the morning. I slept until noon. Noon! That never happens!

He took me put on a hill letting me get off. The view here is beautiful...I can see everything from up here. It's the same beautiful sight I saw when we first arrived. It never fails to impress me.

" Transform and we'll get started. " Toothless stated.

" Right. "

I hopped off, pulling a lever. It's still a work in progress but it will give him full range of his tail without me guiding it. I closed my eyes letting the transformation take over. I opened my eyes seeing everything in a new perspective. A clearer perspective.

Toothless nodded, opening his wings
" Mimic me. " He instructed.

I followed his flapping motion. It started out slow deep curves of the wings. He steadily increased his speed, lightly lifting off of the ground. I soon found myself off the ground as well.

" Don't lose focus. I can't catch you in that form it you fall. " He stated.

" That's comforting. "

He smiled " Your dragon tongue is getting more fluent. You will need to stop every now and then to keep your human speech. "

" I know that! It just doesn't seem right if I talk in Norse while I'm surrounded by dragons. "

" We can still understand you. " He replied.

" Doesn't change how I want to talk to you. I feel like I have a deeper connection with you guys when I speak in your tongue. "

" Understandable...now lets see how fast you can go. " He said, leveling out.

I followed, mimicking his every move. We climbed the skies, getting higher and higher. He smiled turning his back to the skies falling. His wings tucked in, I know this trick all to well.

I did the same. Letting the harsh winds force me down. I never understood the rush that came with this. I'm always on his back, but experiencing it is another ideal. I saw him opening his wings. I waited a little longer before joining him in safer highest.

I turned myself going back up. I love this feeling of freedom. This is the best thing. I can say a million times and I will still be ecstatic about describing flying.

" Follow me! " Toothless called, turning down to the sea.

I turned going to sea level. I dipped my wing in the ocean. I lost some stability but I still remained in the air. We went off the islands shore line going to a rock formation. He landed on one I landed on the larger one next to him.

" Since we band each other for pranking each other, how about a competition? We are the best fliers of Berk. " Toothless offered.

" Do I hear smugness in your voice? "

" What? I am the best flier. I do the tricks, remember? " He stated, proudly.

I smiled " Prepare to have your ego
crushed. "

" By all means, you first. " He said, triumphantly.

I took off climbing up. What in Thor's name am I going to do? All I do is control the tail, wait, that's it! I remember the movements of his tail! If I can move my fin to those movements I can do his tricks! Let's see, down.

I closed my eyes. I need to remember. Up, I felt myself be pushed against the wind, Up then back down. Move the weight to the left. Close my wings, open. Twist. Shoot.

I open my eyes seeing that I created a ring of plasma. I flew threw it twisting my body to get the flames to wrap around me. I opened my wings curving the flames to my wings. I looked at toothless with a victorious smile.

" How was that? "

" How did you?...You just....Those are my moves! " He answered, shocked.

Relief washed over me. They looked ok. I did I with my eyes closed, letting my instincts take over. I'm happy that end result made him speechless. I landed by down on my rock.

" After you. "

He huffed, taking off. He shot down, shooting plasma. Spinning threw each. Not going to lie...he's pretty impressive. He's experience shows with the fluent motions of his tricks. I'm honestly a little jealous of him. I'll get there...eventually.

He landed in front of me. Victorious gummy smile on his face.

" Rub it in. While you still can. "

He laughed.

" Come on, you still have to get used to flying. " He said, flying off.

I followed him. Flying below him or next to him. Either way I was in his line of sight. We did nothing fun after the little show off. Just basic fly training. I looked down to the waters. Looking over myself. This is the first time I'm seeing it. My eyes are the same, slitted like toothless. My body looked just like him only slightly smaller. I guess he's order then me.

" Hiccup! " Toothless yelled.

I looked up. We're in outcast waters. I know these rock spiked anywhere. The water even turned dark them the island. Toothless made me go back to human, ridding him.

" If we stay low we might not be spotted. " He stated.

" I want to know how we wondered so far from the island. "

" Now isn't the time! " Toothless yelled, irritated.

I pulled the lever giving me control over the tail. He has more movement this way. He tried to turn around, using the rocks to block us from the island. I turned around making sure no one spotted us.

" Toothless! "

I turned sharply, dodging a net. He panicked. Going above the rocks flying faster. I looked back getting another glance of a net coming our way. I turned him to dodge each net.

I wasn't fast enough on got us. We crashed down into the ocean. My head hurts, my vision blurry. I have to get the net off. We have to get away. I grabbed the net. Unwrapping it from toothless. My lungs are burning, I need air. If I stop he will go deeper. I could get to him if I go up for air.

"Hmm! " Bubbles lifted into the water.

We were lifted out, thrown on to something sturdy. A ship. I coughed out the water resting in my lungs. Regaining my breath.

" Well. Well, look what caught boys. A fine catch, a Nightfury and a runt. Alvin will be please. " Laugher surrounded us. The voice that insulted and taunted us, coming closer.

" Muzzle the Nightfury. Restrain both of them. " He ordered.

" Get away from him. " My voice sounded so weak, gravelly.

The man laughed. " You infatuate yourself with these beast? There nothing but beast that need a muzzle...and it seems you already muzzled this one. "