Born Again

Hiccup returned to his island, safe from all the troubles of last night. The only thing he couldn’t remember is how he got off the island. He knew from what Toothless told him that he summoned Skrills to help him, but he couldn’t remember that action. He remembered the emotions before his memory wipe. Pain, fear, helplessness, everything leading up to the memory wipe... then the nightmares of Toothless bleeding out because of them. He couldn’t image that. His heart tugs at the thought. He didn’t want anyone to know about the nightmare before he woke up. He would freak everyone out. Make them want to protect him more. He didn’t want that. He wanted to be treated normally, like how things were now.

He could already tell that wasn’t going to happen. With his lack of memory and the Skrill’s side of the situation made everything worse. Then the healing of Toothless’s side. Inferno made it very clear that he was lucky to survive. By skipping all the training made his body weak. He could feel it. The drain, the need to sleep and never wake up. He still went out despite that need. He hated sitting or even laying in one place. Wanting to have fun with his friends and brother. Joke around. Help gather food, It seems he couldn’t qualify to do the simplest of tasks. Lifting a fish or anything “heavy” would make him woozy.

He ever felt like this, but Inferno said it was normal. How normal was it? Should he be fine by know? He was a halfbreed, and had a faster healing rate than any dragon according to the medic keepers. Any scrapes or bruises the outcast gave him were well gone. He took a calming breath. Cleaning his mind for a moment. It was the first day he was back. He couldn’t work himself up over this. He need to keep a level head. There were plenty of other chores he could do that didn’t make him dizzy. He felt weak in a sense. He felt strong before outcast island, know he felt like a “hiccup” amongst dragons. He new that they didn’t interpreted his discomforts. Inferno played with his hatchling’s while he recovered. Toothless helped around when he could. Leaving him along most of the day. He often go back to his old habits of wandering, such as today, in the forest. Completely unprotected. He could use his flame, but it would only trouble his condition. From dizzy to burly vision. Feeling he would pass out after the second shot.

“ Wow. “ He expressed.

Moving from the forest gave way to a secret beach. Never had he seen such white sands or translucent waters. The coral under could be seen in all vibrant colours. He’s never seen coral before, well not in this detail. ‘ I have to come back and draw this. ‘ He thought to himself, moving closer to the edge. He bent down. Dipping his hand into the water.

“ Its warm. “ He stated, surprised.

Warm waters should remain cold given its position away from any natural heaters. This interested him. His inner adventure coming out. The same desire when he went on a treasure hunt with his friends. It was the first time they all worked together, in sorts. There were a few bumps, but they did figure it out raise Hiccups confidence. Turns out he wasn’t the only Hiccup in the line of chiefs. It brought a weight off his shoulders that he didn’t know he had. It brought peace to his soul. Knowing that he wasn’t the only screw up in the line of chieftains. It brought more questions. The other’s couldn’t understand his position. They were ‘normal’ by vikin code. Hiccup couldn’t ‘bulk up’. His body just wasn’t meant for that. Often relying on toothless for support, but he’s getting better. It's a slow process, but once he masters his new abilities well enough for his temperature to remain stable he could start physical training.

“ Young Prince. “ A static filled voice called.

Hiccup looked up seeing the a skrill. The same once he spoke to before his memory wipe. He protected him, Hiccup smiled “ Just Hiccup, please. I don’t like the ‘Prince’ title…” He corrected.